Elon Musk Makes 'Best and Final' Offer To Buy Twitter, Says Company Isn't Serving Its Free Speech Imperative
Twitter suspended the @LibsofTikTok account last night, claiming what they deemed "hateful content." As I sat down to write about it, I went to see if Elon Musk had chimed in yet. Musk has been very vocal about the inner workings of the bird app lately. Elon didn't comment on LOTT yet. However, he did offer to buy Twitter outright!
Musk has hired Morgan Stanley to make his "best and final offer" to buy Twitter. His offer is for $54.20 a share, which would put the total value at $43 billion. Yes, "420" is in the offer.
Also, this isn't a Tweet he sent. This is an official filing with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The "hostile takeover" we were expecting when Musk decided not to join the board of directors? This is it.
In a letter to Twitter's board of directors, Musk said he believes free speech is a "societal imperative" for a functioning democracy and believes in the platform's potential. Then, he dealt with the people who work for Twitter. "I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form. Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company."
Musk hinted that the reason he opted against joining the board of directors was the company's lack of commitment to free speech. Employees had been whining ever since Musk was first announced as a shareholder, worried he'd get in the way of their mission to "moderate content." It's unclear what was said by whom that led to Musk making his decision on Saturday. But I still believe there has to be a file of a Zoom call somewhere that needs to leak to the internet.
Bloomberg expects the offer to be rejected, citing one analyst who says the company hit $70 a share less than a year ago. We'll all find out soon enough. Start popping popcorn now.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now! Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Elon Musk Has Twitter by the Balls! Can He Actually Change It? | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
- Elon Musk Destroys Democrat Senator with a Vulgar Tweet - Louder ... ›
- Twitter Employees React to Elon Musk Buying Ownership Stake ... ›
- WaPo: Elon Musk's Twitter Investment is 'Bad for Free Speech ... ›
- Elon Musk Celebrates Jack Dorsey Resigning with Stalin Tweet ... ›
- Elon Musk Becomes Majority Shareholder of TWITTER - Louder ... ›
- Twitter Manager Has Meltdown Over New Board Member Elon Musk ... ›
- Elon Musk Hints at Plans to Remove 'W' From 'Twitter' - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Asks Question Making a Joke at TED Talk - Louder With Crowder ›
- Twitter Adopts 'Poison' Pill to Thwart Elon Musk - Louder With Crowder ›
- Geico Commercial Rebooted for Elon Musk Buying Twitter - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jack Dorsey Speaks Out About Elon Musk/Twitter Drama - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk's New Attack On Twitter's Board of Directors - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Questions Shadowy Forces Behind Deplatforming - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Secures Funding, Seeks Work Around Twitter Board - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Announces Two Changes He Plans to Bring to Twitter - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Destroys Democrat Senator with a Vulgar Tweet - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk and Twitter Could Announce Deal Monday - Louder With Crowder ›
- Breaking: Elon BOUGHT Twitter?! Cue the Liberal Meltdown - Louder With Crowder ›
- 'RIP Twitter' Trends Over Sale to Elon Musk - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Addresses Worst Critics Ahead of Announcement - Louder With Crowder ›
- Blue Checkmark Twitter is Freaking Out Over Elon Musk - Louder With Crowder ›
- Study Shows 25% of Elon Musk's Twitter Followers are Fake - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Hits Back Hard at Politically Motivated Hit Piece - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Goes All-In on Russiagate, Hillary Clinton - Louder With Crowder ›