READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE APPLYING. SUPER SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!
Hello job-seeker, it's Courtney here. Whenever Louder with Crowder posts job openings, we're flooded with applicants. When I say "flooded" I don't mean a casual trickle, nor a gentle stream down which we could row a boat merrily, merrily, merrily. Think more of an astroid hitting the Pacific Ocean a la a late 90's disaster film. We appreciate the enthusiasm to join our dedicated team. Seriously. It's beyond flattering. But you need to know your application is a drop in the wall of water heading toward those of us *ahem* who must sort through them.
As such, it's critical you follow all directions outlined. Failure to do so will result in your application's swift termination with nary a care from me or anyone else on staff. It's not that we don't love and appreciate you for the special person you are. We just have hundreds of applications to sort through. Pray for us.
BEFORE YOU APPLY for any position listed below, read this bit of backhanded advice wrapped in kind of friendly insults, written by yours truly the last time we had a hiring spree: Okay Millennials, Y'all Need to Learn How to Apply for Jobs.
QUICK TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
- Keep your resume to one page. Resumes over one page shall be deleted.
- Apply for the job only if you're qualified. It's great you want to be part of the company and the show. We love that. But we can't hire people because they're fans. We need qualified applicants only.
- Hundreds of people apply. Do not contact anyone at LWC wondering if your resume was received. You'll only be contacted if we want to set up an interview. If you contact us through our private internet accounts and channels wondering where you are in the process, it won't be good for you. Read between the lines there. Help us help you, and respect the hiring process.
Scroll down for descriptions for a Researcher and Show Segment Writer.
More jobs will be added soon. Don't apply until posted.
Read before applying.
If you're a data and information junkie, read on. We're looking for a researcher who loves following the numbers to wherever they my lead. This is more than just running a few Google searches, it's conducting thorough deep dives to find answers.
So here's a simple test. There's a TikTok video above. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to check the above video. Email your research process to email@example.com. Please bear in mind this address is only for hiring purposes, and isn't a direct line to Steven. Start the subject line of your application email with "Researcher."
Availability: You need to be okay working very early hours, sometimes weekends. If you're willing to relocate to Dallas, Texas, even better. Say so in your application email.
Salary: based on experience
Show Segment Writer
Louder with Crowder is looking for a show segment writer who can add and format stories for the daily show map. You should be a news junkie, work quickly, are super organized in how you write and present information. We're looking for applicants who are happy to work in the wee morning hours for our morning show. Your attitude should be upbeat, eager, and ready to go. You take criticism well and won't melt down if your story isn't chosen for the final show map, but work hard to make sure future stories are up to show quality.
Start the subject line of your application email with "Bullet Points are BAE."
Prove your ability:
We're looking for applicants who already know how to present a story for a show. So for the following test, refer to this Vox Rebuttal video as a template.
- Watch this YouTube video of Trevor Noah discussing The Pink Tax.
- Create a document in Google Docs and write a rebuttal segment to Noah's piece.
- Your rebuttal should be in bullet point form, citing time codes for the specific claims made by Noah, with your responses to them, citing your sources for your claims.
- This should NOT read like an article, but a concise, direct outline.
- Email us a shareable link of your Google Doc along with your resume and cover letter. Failure to include a Google Doc link to the rebuttal will result in your elimination for this job.
- Able to work independently within a dynamic, complex, collaborative environment
- Willing to work early in the morning
- Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures
- Work well with a team
Salary: Based upon experience
Job Type: Part to full time for right applicant. If you're not in DFW area of Texas, indicate if you're willing to relocate.
EVERYONE READ THIS OR ELSE!
Application requirements / process:
- Several interviews, either in person or via Skype
- Must complete trial projects in tight turn around time
- Must pass a thorough background check
- Some jobs are best performed in studio, not remotely
How do I apply?
If you qualify for the jobs above, email your resume, a brief cover letter (in PDF format) which includes three ways you can personally add value to Louder with Crowder to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to include any of that in your email will result in the application's denial.
Please do not send resumes or applications which are not for the jobs listed above. Do not send photoshops, memes or sketch ideas to this address. This email address is only for the jobs outlined above. Steven does not read emails received for jobs, so don't email thinking you'll get Steven. You won't. Help us with the hiring process by respecting the hiring process. Due to the sheer number of applications we receive, we cannot reach out to all applicants who apply.