READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE APPLYING. SUPER SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!
Hello job-seeker, it's Courtney here. Whenever Louder with Crowder posts job openings, we're flooded with applicants. When I say "flooded" I don't mean a casual trickle, nor a gentle stream down which we could row a boat merrily, merrily, merrily. Think more of an astroid hitting the Pacific Ocean a la a late 90's disaster film. We appreciate the enthusiasm to join our dedicated team. Seriously. It's beyond flattering. But you need to know your application is a drop in the wall of water heading toward those of us *ahem* who must sort through them.
As such, it's critical you follow all directions outlined. Failure to do so will result in your application's swift termination with nary a care from me or anyone else on staff. It's not that we don't love and appreciate you for the special person you are. We just have hundreds of applications to sort through. Pray for us.
BEFORE YOU APPLY for any position listed below, read this bit of backhanded advice wrapped in kind of friendly insults, written by yours truly the last time we had a hiring spree: Okay Millennials, Y'all Need to Learn How to Apply for Jobs.
QUICK TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
- Keep your resume to one page. Resumes over one page shall be deleted.
- Apply for the job only if you're qualified. It's great you want to be part of the company and the show. We love that. But we can't hire people because they're fans. We need qualified applicants only.
- Hundreds of people apply. Do not contact anyone at LWC wondering if your resume was received. You'll only be contacted if we want to set up an interview. If you contact us through our private internet accounts and channels wondering where you are in the process, it won't be good for you. Read between the lines there. Help us help you, and respect the hiring process.
- Understand that all jobs are in conservative news media. We're not a traditional 9 to 5 kind of place. So if you're hoping to hit it and quit it, LWC may not be the right fit.
Scroll down for descriptions for a Multimedia Expert, Social Media Strategist, Audio Engineer, Researcher and Show Segment Writer.
More jobs will be added soon. Don't apply until posted.
Read before applying.
We're looking for an experienced videographer that wears many hats and handles producing segments from idea, planning, filming, to a polished final edit.
The position is Dallas-based and is available immediately. Moving expenses will be considered on an as-required basis. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Use "Glorious Hat Model" in the subject line of your application email.
- Quickly translate sketch ideas into final air-ready comedy bits for the morning show
- Craft polished visual jokes using Photoshop (photo bashing, photo manipulation)
- Ability to edit the full daily show
- Pull several moments from the daily show and edit into short, informative, entertaining, insightful clips for our CrowderBits channel
- Create thumbnails for the full show and CrowderBits
- Sync multiple cameras, audio inputs and edit lengthy on-location "Super Videos" (Change My Mind)
- Edit fast, snappy, entertaining teasers to use as promo for livestreams and upcoming videos
- Assemble 2D assets and create motion graphics using those assets
- Create call sheets and schedules for field shoots as needed
- Work with producers to prioritize and batch tapings
- Use Photoshop to create film quality backgrounds to use as green screen backdrops (when filming parodies)
- Set up and match lighting to storyboards for keying (when filming parodies)
- Utilize After Effects to green screen footage and compose to match cinematic looks (when filming parodies)
- Color correct sketches to film standards
- Test and maintain studio equipment
- Maintain and organize field equipment (cameras, memory cards, GoPros, audio gear, etc.)
- Must have a solid reel
- Mastery of Adobe Suite especially Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
- 3-5+ years in a film production environment, wearing multiple technical hats
- Mastery of image compositing and color correction
- Experience composing green screen footage in After Effects
- Experience operating ENG cameras (Sony FS7, Canon C100, Canon 305)
- Experience operating Black Magic Cinema Camera
- Proficient time management skills and multitasking various projects
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines, adjust work rapidly to feedback, and consistently deliver high quality work
- Experience with audio in filming and running an audio board is a plus
- Able to operate cameras to tape cinematic sketches or segments is a plus
Social Media Strategist
If you love the ins and outs of Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WhatsApp and heck, even TikTok, read on. We're looking for a social media wizard who understands how to engage with social audiences, amplify an exciting brand, and keeps in touch with the latest social media trends, not just on the front end (hashtags anyone?) but on the backend as well. This is not a position for someone to just tweet or post photos. This is not a position for the timid. We're looking for a brave individual who wants to engage the culture and battle the left. We're looking for an individual who is plugged into the latest developments of each platform and can launch successful campaigns in each. This position can be remote. Use "Hashtags are bae" in the subject line of your application email.
- Daily awareness of news and Twitter trends, which you'll communicate to the LWC studio team
- Content creation for the Louder with Crowder social media accounts
- Coordinate with LWC editorial and studio teams for daily show and super video promotion, and article creation
- Constant awareness of news and cultural trends, monitored through social media
- Brand amplification
- Engage with the LWC audience through social media in a way which best reflects the LWC brand
- Strategize and create social media campaigns
- Interact with and reach out to representatives from social media platforms
- Title articles and videos based on social media best practices
- 3-5 years experience as a social media manager or coordinator
- Deep understanding of best practices for Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook
- Thorough understanding of each platform's analytics and ad programs
- Understanding of image/video copyright laws
- Experience filing copyright disputes on YouTube and Instagram
- An expert on the Louder with Crowder brand
- Experience interacting with social media representatives to best strategize on content packaging and creation
- Basic video editing skills
- Keen eye for detail (nothing gets passed you)
- Willingness to work crazy hours (early mornings, sometimes weekends)
Louder with Crowder is looking for an experienced audio engineer with an affinity for mixing studio audio. The position is Dallas-based and available immediately. Moving expenses will be considered on an as-required basis. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Start the subject line of your application email with "Music to your ears."
You must send audio files to be considered for this job, and we will hold live trials for the position before hiring full time.
- Operate audio equipment during field sketches (boom, audio recorder, wireless LAV mics, etc)
- Maintain and organize audio field equipment
- Operate audio board during live studio broadcasts and studio pre-tapes
- Test and maintain studio audio equipment
- Continuously improve quality of audio in all final products
- Perform post-audio processing to attain best quality from mediocre recordings
- Troubleshoot and make recommendations for equipment improvements
- Record and provide coaching for voiceovers and song parody vocals
- Setup and tweak audio board settings to improve quality and accommodate live changes
- Occasionally operate camera and sound on field shoots
- 3-5+ years in a broadcast environment, wearing multiple technical hats (can't just be running audio from your church unless you were paid for it!)
- Experience with audio engineering in a studio setting
- Experience recording audio in the field
- Experience in sound baffling and creating ideal audio conditions
- Audio post processing experience in Audition, Ableton, or pro tools
- Cinematic and high energy promotional sound design experience preferred
- Engineering background preferred
- Video editing experience a plus
- Photoshop experience a plus
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Must have solid reel and references!!!
Show Segment Writer
Louder with Crowder is looking for a show segment writer who can add and format stories for the daily show map. You should be a news junkie, work quickly, are super organized in how you write and present information, and demonstrate a clear understanding of the conservative view point.
We're looking for applicants who are happy to work in the wee morning hours for our morning show and on the weekends. This is not a typical 9-5 job. If you're looking for a gig that is more normal hours, this position probably isn't for you.
Your attitude should be upbeat, eager, and ready to go. You take criticism well and won't melt down if your story isn't chosen for the final show map, but you will work hard to make sure future stories are up to show quality.
Start the subject line of your application email with "Show Me the News!"
Prove your ability:
We're looking for applicants who already know how to present a story for a show, and clearly understand conservative principles. For the following test, we need you to write a show map. Show maps are used for the daily show every single day we have a show. Our segment writers can create these maps in short order. Meaning if this task takes you days to complete, this job isn't for you. Brush up on your news gathering and writing skills and apply later.
Competitive candidates will create a show map from nothing in hours. We're not exaggerating to scare you off, here. This is a fast paced working environment and we want to make sure every single person on the team is happy and successful in their positions.
Preference is obviously given to candidates who have previous show writing experience.
Here's a link to a doc with the guidelines we follow for structuring arguments and formatting the show map: Show Map Formatting and Rules.
- identify the most important, breaking, trending story of the day (NOT OLD NEWS. NOT RECYCLED NEWS. NOT THINK PIECES. CURRENT NEWS!)
- form a cogent and concise argument from the conservative viewpoint (do not just restate what we already know!)
- present your story/segment in a way that is informative for the audience who doesn't have time to be a news junkie.
- 3-5 years writing experience is a MUST! Major preference is given to candidates who've written professionally.
- 3-5 years working experience is desired.
- Have an active Twitter account? List it in your resume. Make sure it's public!
- Email us a shareable link of your Google Doc along with your resume and cover letter. Failure to include a Google Doc link to the show map will result in your elimination for this job.
- Be organized. Insanely organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a solid understanding of spelling and grammar. If you misspell something in your show map test... your application will be deleted.
- Able to work independently within a fast, dynamic, complex, collaborative environment.
- Willing to work early in the morning and weekends.
- Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures.
- Work well with a team.
Salary: Based upon experience
Job Type: Part to full time for right applicant. If you're not in DFW area of Texas, indicate if you're willing to relocate.
If you're a data and information junkie, read on. We're looking for a researcher who loves following the numbers to wherever they may lead. This is more than just running a few Google searches, it's conducting thorough deep dives to find answers.
So here's a simple test. There's a TikTok video above. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to check the above video. Email your research process to email@example.com. Please bear in mind this address is only for hiring purposes, and isn't a direct line to Steven. Start the subject line of your application email with "Researcher."
Availability: You need to be okay working very early hours, sometimes weekends. If you're willing to relocate to Dallas, Texas, even better. Say so in your application email.
Salary: based on experience
EVERYONE READ THIS OR ELSE!
Application requirements / process:
- Several interviews, either in person or via Skype
- Must complete trial projects in tight turn around time
- Must pass a thorough background check
- Some jobs are best performed in studio, not remotely
How do I apply?
If you qualify for the jobs above, email your resume, a brief cover letter (in PDF format) which includes three ways you can personally add value to Louder with Crowder to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to include any of that in your email will result in the application's denial.
Please do not send resumes or applications which are not for the jobs listed above. Do not send photoshops, memes or sketch ideas to this address. This email address is only for the jobs outlined above. Steven does not read emails received for jobs, so don't email thinking you'll get Steven. You won't. Help us with the hiring process by respecting the hiring process. Due to the sheer number of applications we receive, we cannot reach out to all applicants who apply.