Twitter Buyout in Jeopardy (Again), Elon Musk Prepares 'Potentially Drastic Action' Over Fake Accounts
People have noticed avid tweeter Elon Musk has gone silent-ish on Twitter. Or, at the very least, hasn't been talking about the bird app and his buy-out of the company as often as he had been. It was assumed the silence was because his lawyers convinced him to zip it while the buyout was being finalized. Turns out, the buyout (may) be in jeopardy (again).
The Washington Post is reporting Musk has stopped engaging in discussions with investors and has his team reviewing his options. At issue is the same issue the last time the deal was in jeopardy. It's over the amount of fake Twitter accounts and how to verify how many real people use the app.
The company had allegedly turned over all the data. But WaPo reports Team Musk claims the figures are incomplete and can't verify how many real users there are with the information they have. Musk is said to be considering, quote, “potentially drastic action."
Elon has not commented on the report yet. However, he did comment on another report about Twitter claiming it removes over a million SPAM accounts a day.
That is indeed the real question
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 7, 2022
The report on the buyout being in jeopardy is according to a source for the Washington Post. WaPo has taken the political position throughout this ordeal that they oppose Elon Musk and his purchase of Twitter.
It's a developing story, and your guess is as good as mine where things go from here. It's not like the app can suck any worse than it already does if the deal falls through. The intriguing part of Elon taking over is to check under the hood, finding out how the algorithms work and just how much political bias goes into making them work, how much throttling goes on, and whatnot. If the buyout doesn't happen, the status quo remains and Twitter stays the least used social media app.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Twitter Suspends Jordan Peterson! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Geico Commercial Rebooted for Elon Musk Buying Twitter - Louder ... ›
- Twitter Manager Has Meltdown Over New Board Member Elon Musk ... ›
- Elon Musk Asking Questions About Ghislaine Maxwell - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Makes 'Best and Final' Offer To Buy Twitter - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Responds to Report Bill Gates's Funding Opposition ... ›
- Elon Musk Sends Message Implying He's 'Moving On' - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Blasts Twitter's 'Obvious' Left-Wing Bias - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Gets Results and for 'Libs of Tiktok' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk's Mother Upstages on the Red Carpet - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk's New Attack On Twitter's Board of Directors - Louder ... ›
- Elon Musk Breaks Silence About Latest Twitter Drama - Louder With Crowder ›