'They're Going Way Too Far': Elon Musk Speaks Out on Twitter Suspending Jordan Peterson
Elon Musk has been silent-ish on Twitter. The billionaire purchased the company, and as we get closer to the deal being finalized, it would make sense for him to criticize the company he bought less. You know... descretion, valor, and all that jazz. Though, Elon did speak out on the company suspending Jordan Peterson over a tweet directed at a celebrity.
Musk said that Twitter is "going way too far in squashing dissenting opinions."
Yeah, they’re going way too far in squashing dissenting opinions
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 5, 2022
Musk has spoken out about the bird app's radical political bias and how it causes a lack of confidence in Twitter's enforcement of community guidelines. In one instance, Musk got involved when Twitter was allowing someone they disagree with politically to get death threats.
Peterson was suspended for "dead-naming" actor Elliot Page. Elliot used to be the insufferable actress and activist Ellen Page. But in 2020, he transitioned into Elliot Page and is now a man. As part of that transition, Elliot had a double mastectomy. Twitter is very sensitive about "dead-naming." Or at least is when it's a famous actor or a Biden administration official. It all depends on how privileged the trans person being "dead-named" is.
Twitter then suspended Dave Rubin for sharing a screen capture of the tweet that got Peterson suspended. Rubin has no plans to delete his tweet.
Twitter as a company did come out and apologize. No, not to Peterson or Rubin, to Elliot Page, for inadvertently letting him get dead-named in Twitter topics. That's a no-no. Though, you can still threaten the lives of Supreme Court justices.
There is no word on when Musk's purchase of Twitter will be finalized. Hopefully soon.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Twitter Suspends Jordan Peterson! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Elon Musk Asking Questions About Ghislaine Maxwell - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Responds to Report Bill Gates's Funding Opposition ... ›
- Geico Commercial Rebooted for Elon Musk Buying Twitter - Louder ... ›
- Twitter Manager Has Meltdown Over New Board Member Elon Musk ... ›
- Elon Musk Makes 'Best and Final' Offer To Buy Twitter - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Sends Message Implying He's 'Moving On' - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk's Mother Upstages on the Red Carpet - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk's New Attack On Twitter's Board of Directors - Louder ... ›