Controversial Bud Light executive taking "leave of absence" after torpedoing brand in the name of Dylan Mulvaney
Alissa Heinersceid, VP of Marketing for Bud Light, shattered another glass ceiling. She became the first woman in the brand’s 40-year history to be forced out of her job after torpedoing the company's brand and insulting its fan base.
Alissa Heinerscheid, marketing VP for the brand since June 2022, has taken a leave of absence, the brewer confirmed, and will be replaced by Todd Allen, who was most recently global marketing VP for Budweiser.
"Leave of absence" is corporate talk for "you done f*cked up, but firing you would make US look bad." Heinerscheid became a lightning rod for controversy when she attacked the loyal fanbase Bud Light had built up over its 40-year history as "fratty" and "out of touch." And in the name of what she calls "inclusion," signed titface performer Dylan Mulvaney to a brand ambassadorship.
Though, there are some who say the decision was ackshually made by a low-level marketing staffer. Yes, a low-level marketing staffer greenlit a can design change. If that's true, it would explain this next bit.
The brewer has also streamlined its marketing function to reduce layers “so that our most senior marketers are more closely connected to every aspect of our brand’s activities,” a company spokesperson said in a statement.
The company noticed a problem after losing billion dollars in marketing cap and hearing from stadiums full of their now former customers. But where it reached critical mass is when they failed what I call the "Little League Test."
Those of us who drink from the firehose all day consuming political and cultural content have an assortment of issues and stories we find are important, offensive, concerning, or some combination of the three. Then we go to our kid's little league game, and none of the other parents know about any of it, let alone are talking about these things.
They were talking about Bud Light's f*ck up. And like normal people, couldn't make heads or tails on what a Dylan Mulvaney was supposed to be. Unlike the people on the internet who stan Dylan and who Bud Light's now former VP wanted to be her new client base, these are blue-collar, middle-class people who bought the product.
Or at least did.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Watch: No one has said "April Fool's" yet, so Dylan Mulvaney is Bud Light's new spokes...whatever ›
- Watch: Kid Rock shoots up Bud Light cans in protest. Unrelatedly, beer confirms Dylan Mulvaney as spokesdiva. ›
- Watch: Joe Rogan's takes shocking stance on latest Dylan Mulvaney controversy... as he drinks a Bud Light ›
- Watch: Beer distributor laments how Bud Light's get woke scheme is causing HIM to go broke ›
- "Celebrate the wins": Boycotting Bud Light proves conservatives are winning the war ›
- Watch: It all makes sense when you hear "declining" Bud Light's woke VP attack customers as "fratty and out of touch" ›
- Team DeSantis drops laugh-out-loud Bud Light parody mocking "real men of genius" in women's sports ›
- Watch: Country star is thrown a can of Bud Light, what he does with it sends audience into a euphoric frenzy ›
- Watch: Country singer replaces "Bud Light" in his song lyrics and a stadium full of Americans explodes with applause ›
- "It was a mistake": Anheuser-Busch has settled on their scapegoat for the ginormous Bud Light f*ck up ›
- Watch Today's Show - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Rogan, Jim Breuer laugh at Bug Light commercial. - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bikini babe shoots up cases of Bud Light and Tampax - Louder With Crowder ›
- Which of these videos embarrasses Bud Light the MOST? - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bud Light panders to transphobic critics, offers free beer - Louder With Crowder ›
- Anheuser-Busch continues to throw Dylan Mulvaney under bus - Louder With Crowder ›
- Video shows transphobes at Fenway Park refusing Bud Light - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch: A reporter's free beer experiment at a concert turns into an "unmitigated disaster" for Bud Light - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bud Light's latest marketing plan involves the military - Louder With Crowder ›