"Celebrate the wins": Boycotting Bud Light proves conservatives are winning the war
Crowder brought us some good news today about the Bud Light/ Dylan Mulvaney controversy: the boycott is working.
Crowder set the scene by reminding everyone of Bud Light's partnership with TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney. He also played a Bud Light executive's explanation for the sponsorship - to "evolve and elevate" the brand through "inclusivity" and "shifting the tone". But as a result of this "inclusivity," Anheuser-Busch lost $6 billion in market cap. Distributors in the South and Midwest reported dramatically dwindling sales over Easter weekend. And a bar in Hell's Kitchen saw sales drop 58%, even though that area is, as Crowder put it, "very gay". But even after the $6 billion dollar loss, CNN still ran a piece defending the campaign and claimed it was good for business. Somehow.
Crowder explained that these latest developments demonstrate how boycotts work to some extent, but there's also a need for a cultural switch. Bud Light's dramatic disconnect from normal people creates a huge opening for all us common folk to voice our opinions and effectuate a cultural change.
Crowder called on all patriotic listeners to not only actively oppose companies who hate everything we stand for, but contrast that by actively supporting companies who share our values. This has never been easier, because there are so many good, morally-sound brands out there. Specifically for Bud Light, you could go shop around local distilleries and support small, mom and pop businesses who don't want to trans all the kids. How refreshing is that?
Crowder also brought it all back to ESG scores, and explained that, if this woke junk eventually becomes unprofitable, the market miiight just be forced to correct itself. Fingers crossed.
Apart from this, Crowder also discussed "code-switching" and a recent court ruling on the over-the-counter baby murder pill. Be sure to tune in on Rumble to catch the rest of the show.
Lily is a Zoomer college dropout who somehow landed a writing gig here at LwC.com. In her spare time, she enjoys going for runs, touching grass, and occasionally tweeting tweets for fellow tweeters.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Country singer replaces "Bud Light" in his song lyrics - Louder With Crowder ›
- Brantley Gilbert spikes Bud Light can on stage, - Louder With Crowder ›
- Team DeSantis drops laugh-out-loud Bud Light parody - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dude smashes up Anheuser-Busch products in Walmart - Louder With Crowder ›
- Controversial Bud Light executive taking "leave of absence" - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Rogan, Jim Breuer laugh at Bug Light commercial. - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bikini babe shoots up cases of Bud Light and Tampax - Louder With Crowder ›
- Which of these videos embarrasses Bud Light the MOST? - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bud Light panders to transphobic critics, offers free beer - Louder With Crowder ›
- Anheuser-Busch continues to throw Dylan Mulvaney under bus - Louder With Crowder ›
- Video shows transphobes at Fenway Park refusing Bud Light - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch: A reporter's free beer experiment at a concert turns into an "unmitigated disaster" for Bud Light - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dude dressed as Bud Light can busted DUI - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bud Light's latest marketing plan involves the military - Louder With Crowder ›