Anheuser-Busch issues another statement on Bud Light disaster, claims it was "just one can"
Anheuser-Busch is at it again with another excuse. The company is still trying to fix the disaster stemming from the brand ambassadorship given to TikTok ingénue and titface performer Dylan Mulvaney. As well as the Vice President of Marketing's comments insulting the beer's fan base.
That free beer A-B is sending out to distributors? It comes with a note. The St. Louis Post Dispatch reports the company claims in the letter it was only "one single can given to one social media influencer," that it "was not made for production or sale to the general public," and the can "is not a formal campaign or advertisement."
There was also some buck-passing, and it sounds like the former VP of marketing is on much more than a leave of absence as we expected.
“In reality, the Bud Light can posted by a social media influencer that sparked all the conversation was provided by an outside agency without Anheuser-Busch management awareness or approval,. Since that time, the lack of oversight and control over marketing decisions has been addressed and a new VP of Bud Light marketing has been announced.”
So, we're supposed to believe Dylan Mulvaney bought a case of Bud Light himself, recorded a video promoting Bud Light's March Madness coverage, and second more produced a video in a bathtub on her own, and they did this WITHOUT the endorsement of Anheuser-Busch.
Former A-B Chief Creative Officer Robert Lachky doesn't think the company realizes HOW big they screwed up.
The minute you step into the political or religious spectrum, when you know your target audience is going to have a real issue with this, you know you’ve alienated at least half of your target audience. In the end, people don’t like getting preached to, especially when it comes to drinking beer.
Other companies are starting to get the message too. We see you, Coca-Cola.
A-B should try three simple words to their customers: "we" and "f*cked" and "up."
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Team DeSantis drops laugh-out-loud Bud Light parody mocking "real men of genius" in women's sports ›
- Watch: Beer distributor laments how Bud Light's get woke scheme is causing HIM to go broke ›
- Controversial Bud Light executive taking "leave of absence" after torpedoing brand in the name of Dylan Mulvaney ›
- "Celebrate the wins": Boycotting Bud Light proves conservatives are winning the war ›
- Watch: Country singer replaces "Bud Light" in his song lyrics and a stadium full of Americans explodes with applause ›
- Watch: No one has said "April Fool's" yet, so Dylan Mulvaney is Bud Light's new spokes...whatever ›
- Watch: It all makes sense when you hear "declining" Bud Light's woke VP attack customers as "fratty and out of touch" ›
- "It was a mistake": Anheuser-Busch has settled on their scapegoat for the ginormous Bud Light f*ck up ›
- Two TikTok bros vs Anheuser-Busch: Which of these videos embarrasses Bud Light the MOST? ›
- Bud Light's latest attempt to right their wrongs is to give away free beer (just not to you) ›
- Video shows transphobes at Fenway Park refusing Bud Light - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch: A reporter's free beer experiment at a concert turns into an "unmitigated disaster" for Bud Light - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dude dressed as Bud Light can busted DUI - Louder With Crowder ›
- Anheuser-Busch takes another massive hit when major bank downgrades the company's stock - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bud Light's latest marketing plan involves the military - Louder With Crowder ›
- YouTuber showcases Target's pride collection. - Louder With Crowder ›
- Prp-Trump rapper releases anti-LGBTQ "Boycott Target" song,. - Louder With Crowder ›
- MSNBC guest blasts economic terrorism behind Boycott Target - Louder With Crowder ›
- San Fran agency responsible for Dylan Mulvaney and Bud Light - Louder With Crowder ›