Bud Light's latest attempt to right their wrongs is to give away free beer (just not to you)
Bud Light sales fell 26% the week of April 22. It fell 21% before that and 11% before that. The week before THAT was when the company made viral titface performer Dylan Mulvaney a brand ambassador and the company's VP dissed customers as "fratty" and "out of touch."
So now they are giving away free beer. Not to you. To wholesalers.
[Consultant Bump WIlliams]: I don't think [Bud Light's VP] understood who the core Bud Light shopper was. When she came out with her comments, they were deemed as being derogatory, insulting and juvenile. And the Bud Light drinkers said, enough of that.'
Anheuser-Busch, the beer's parent company and America's largest brewer, said it will hand a free case over beer to every employee of its wholesaler network - which consists of many family-run businesses who've been badly hurt by the scandal.
People like the guy in this video, which came out early on in the controversy. When I wrote about it, I couldn't tell if this was real or if he was trolling. A few weeks and billions and billions of dollars later, turns out it was real and he was only the first.
Beer man struggling financially thanks to Anheuser-Busch going woke pic.twitter.com/ffTqWZEWHS
— Citizen Free Press (@CitizenFreePres) April 8, 2023
I've never seen such little sales in these past few days on these products. It's sad because if people don't buy this beer, I don't make money and I can't feed my family. It's kinda heartbreaking that Annheuiser Busch did what they did. They don't know their clientele. So it's kinda heartbreaking. Thanks, Annheisuer Busch. I may not be able to feed my family.
Call me crazy, but I don't think giving away free beer OF THE BEER THAT'S COSTING THEM THEIR LIVELIHOODS is going to make things right. Neither will commercials that are pandering to the point of insulting.
Anheuser-Busch might want to try the one thing they're trying their best to avoid. Three simple words: We Fucked Up.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Watch: Kid Rock shoots up Bud Light cans in protest. Unrelatedly, beer confirms Dylan Mulvaney as spokesdiva. ›
- Team DeSantis drops laugh-out-loud Bud Light parody mocking "real men of genius" in women's sports ›
- Watch: No one has said "April Fool's" yet, so Dylan Mulvaney is Bud Light's new spokes...whatever ›
- "Celebrate the wins": Boycotting Bud Light proves conservatives are winning the war ›
- Watch: Beer distributor laments how Bud Light's get woke scheme is causing HIM to go broke ›
- Watch: It all makes sense when you hear "declining" Bud Light's woke VP attack customers as "fratty and out of touch" ›
- Watch: Country singer replaces "Bud Light" in his song lyrics and a stadium full of Americans explodes with applause ›
- Controversial Bud Light executive taking "leave of absence" after torpedoing brand in the name of Dylan Mulvaney ›
- "It was a mistake": Anheuser-Busch has settled on their scapegoat for the ginormous Bud Light f*ck up ›
- Two TikTok bros vs Anheuser-Busch: Which of these videos embarrasses Bud Light the MOST? ›
- Anheuser-Busch continues to throw Dylan Mulvaney under bus - Louder With Crowder ›
- Video shows transphobes at Fenway Park refusing Bud Light - Louder With Crowder ›
- Anheuser-Busch takes another massive hit when major bank downgrades the company's stock - Louder With Crowder ›