'They brought this on themselves': Disney finally bends the knee... to Ron DeSantis?!
I'm old enough to remember when Ron DeSantis going to "war" with Disney was going to be the downfall of his political career. Instead, DeSantis scored a MASSIVE reelection win in November and Disney's woke CEO was shown the exits. Only to be replaced by the former CEO, who signaled they're taking a step back from politics. And of course, America's Governor took a victory lap.
Florida passed the "Parental Choice in Education" law to give parents a voice to speak out against, among other things, injecting sexual instruction to five-year-olds. Opponents of the bill who support sexual instruction of five-year-olds called it the "Don't Say Gay" bill, claiming without evidence it literally outlawed saying "gay" literally. They cried for Disney to do something. Disney CEO Bob Chapek sided with protestors over Florida families and threatened to have the bill repealed. DeSantis informed him that if Disney is going to take political stances, they don't get their tax breaks. Both the tax breaks and the CEO are now gone.
Incoming CEO Bob Iger gave his first employee townhall, and one of his first orders of business was to signal the company will go back to taking a neutral position on political issues.
EXCLUSIVE: I have obtained video from returning Disney CEO Bob Iger's first town hall with employees, in which he signals that he will work to "quiet things down" politically and move toward neutrality in the culture war.https://t.co/ZBGdHhxFVSpic.twitter.com/ZbMCZN4MlG
— Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️ (@realchrisrufo) November 29, 2022
Do I like the company being embroiled in controversy? Of course not. It can be distracting, and it can have a negative impact on the company. And to the extent that I can work to kind of quiet things down, I’m going to do that.
DeSantis responded to Iger's comment, something along the lines of LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Or, at least that is what I assume he would want to say. But the governor of Florida needs to maintain professionalism and decorum.
Gov. Ron DeSantis reacts to recent comments from Disney CEO Bob Iger: "They brought this on themselves." pic.twitter.com/t6CC6ieEM3
— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) November 30, 2022
We didn’t drag them in, Tucker. They went in on their own, and not only opposed the bill. They threatened to get it repealed. These are parents’ rights, important policies in our state that are very popular. And so they brought this on themselves.
We'll see where things go from here. Before Disney gets involved in any more political battles, they have another $100,000,000 "get woke, go broke" lesson to learn. While the rest of us await America's Governor 's taking his blueprint on how to fight the culture war and win on a national tour.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
Apple is TERRIFIED of Elon Musk! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- 'Not on my watch': Crowd erupts as Ron DeSantis GOES OFF on elites and what their pandemic endgame was ›
- Dave Rubin 'Breaks' Florida Law by Saying 'Gay' Right to Ron DeSantis' Face, Who Has the Perfect Response ›
- Ron DeSantis drops best ad I've seen in years, should serve as GOP's closing argument for the midterms ›
- Watch: Ron DeSantis surprises fans at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert to the sound of thunderous applause ›
- Hell Yeah, Brother: Lynyrd Skynyrd Singer Records Rocking New Anthem for Ron DeSantis ›
- Ron DeSantis Receives Rockstar Reception at UFC, Joe Rogan Calls Him 'Best Governor in the Game' ›
- Watch: Key parts of Ron DeSantis' victory speech after his paradigm-shifting win in Florida ›
- ‘That Is Nonsense': Ron DeSantis goes nuclear reporter who used his question to politicize Hurricane Ian ›
- 'Don't be a vessel of the CCP': Ron DeSantis fires proverbial bazooka at Apple for threatening Elon Musk, Twitter ›
- Ron DeSantis answers question about a 'divided' GOP - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch: Ron DeSantis gets sworn in as governor - Louder With Crowder ›
- NYT whines Ron DeSantis won't talk to them. - Louder With Crowder ›