Watch: Disney's latest attempt to go woke has them going broke to the tune of $100 million
Disney’s newest attempt at wokifying media has failed miserably. “Strange World” which features a gay teen romance and climate change commentary is on track to lose Disney $100 million, according to The Wrap.
The flop is so big that it is on par with another historic bomb that the studio released on Thanksgiving weekend two decades ago: “Treasure Planet,” the most prominent in a string of theatrical busts that helped lead to the ouster of then-CEO Michael Eisner and paved the way for the rise of Bob Iger, who is now returning to take charge of Disney after the brief, tumultuous reign of Bob Chapek.
Here's a clip:
Some critics blame the marketing of the movie. Crowder and the gang discussed Disney's latest epic fail in comparison with other, non-woke movies that have come out.
CHINA'S EPIC ANTI-COMMUNIST UPRISING EXPLAINED! | Louder with Crowderyoutu.be
Let’s compare recent Hollywood successes and Disney failures:
Paramount’s Top Gun: Maverick made $1.45 billion in its worldwide box office sales, and Paramount Pictures' stock price INCREASED right before Top Gun came out.
To try and help correct the course, Disney brought back Bob Iger as CEO less than a year after retiring. Bob Chapek Is OUT, even after Tim Allen gave him a Santa Clause series!
This is a cultural win, and your choices do matter!
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
- Sean Penn travels to Ukraine to give Zelinksyy his Oscar. No, really. This is a real thing that happened. ›
- MAINSTREAMING INCEST: 'Cosmo' Now Celebrating Brother-Sister Romance... ›
- 'There is zero respect': Crowder highlights embarrassing way Trudeau gets dressed down by other world leaders ›
- TikTok Influencer Does Interpretive Dance About Who 'Really' Runs the World. HINT: It's Not Girls ›
- World Economic Forum Member Discusses Engineering Away Gender in Resurfaced Video ›
- Watch: Weird dude is way too excited for you to try his burger made of bugs ›
- 'Times Have Changed': Weird Al Yankovic Gets Canceled by Woke Reviewer Over... January 6? ›
- Disney Shrugs Off 'Lightyear' Flop, Preparing to Release Film With Openly Gay Teen Relationship ›
- Tim Allen's TV wife defends actor and sets record straight - Louder With Crowder ›