Critics lash out at Tim Allen's alleged right-wing Santa Claus in 'The Santa Clauses'
Tim Allen says "God bless you" when someone sneezes and leftists freak out about him getting political. That's the basis for any outrage involving the center-right actor. And it's the basis for why reviewers are lashing out at The Santa Clauses.
Some back story. In 1994, Tim Allen accidentally caused Santa Claus to fall off his roof. Due to a clause, that turned Allen into Santa. 18 years later, Disney is determined to take any property anyone may have liked ever and run it into the ground. They took Allen's Santa and turned it into a mini-series, The Santa Clauses.
The Santa Clauses | Official Trailer | Disney+youtu.be
Apparently, in one of the episodes, Santa (Allen) says "Saying ‘Merry Christmas to all’ has suddenly become problematic." Cheesy, yes. But it's sentiment I would understand Santa Claus agreeing with. For leftist reviewers, it is literally worse than leaving coal in their Yuleza stockings. Or voting Ron DeSantis for president.
AVClub can't even: "What was going on in the minds of the writers as they penned this semi-political one-liner?"
Digital Trends, referring to Santa as "right-wing" and "weird," says the line stripped the story of its charm. "It's like [Santa] spent too much of the Christmas offseason watching Fox News."
It's a f*cking throwaway line.
That's what reviewers, no doubt crying over today's Nancy Pelosi news, are upset over.
I said this in talking about Yellowstone. I hate calling a show "anti-woke," but it happens for one of two reasons. The first is that your show doesn't overtly sh*t all over conservatives, and conservatives enjoy not overtly being sh*t on. The second is that your show doesn't overtly sh*t all over conservatives, and liberals think it's weird that it doesn't.
That's why reviewers attack Yellowstone as "a conservative fantasy" and are freaking out on a show made for children because they think the lead is a “cranky, conservative Santa Claus.” These same dinkus movie reviewers can't understand why everyone thinks they suck at life.
Short of my nieces or nephew wanting to watch, I have no plans of watching The Santa Clauses. Yes, even though Tim Allen made a joke that on a 1 -10 scale of basedness comes in at a 5.1. There are too many Hallmark movies and I only so many hours of the day.
But for all the attacks conservatives get for complaining when there is something on TV we don't like, "professional" "reviewers" have a habit of acting like anything they see that's even the tiniest bit right-leaning is the worst thing to ever happen to them.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
BAN LIFTED: MONDAY, WE FIGHT LIKE HELL! | Louder with Crowderyoutu.be
- NC Schools Order Teachers to Stop Calling ‘Boys’ and ‘Girls’…Because Hate Speech! ›
- Dude Discovers the Hard Way What Happens When You Try Carjacking a Gun Owner ›
- Animated Video Exposes Truth About Democrats' 'Universal Background Check' Bill ›
- There Are Only 2 Genders (First Edition) | Change My Mind ›
- Sheriff Praises Homeowner for Using Firearm to Protect Against Intruder: 'He Shot Him a Lot.' ›
- Child Drag Queen's Mother Worries About Pedophiles Being Attracted to her Son ›
- Mariah Carey DENIED the right to call herself 'Queen of Christmas' because occasionally the U.S. Govt doesn't suck ›
- Watch: Hardcore Little Kid Threatens to Punch Santa's Beard Off for Putting Him on the Naughty List ›
- Santa Claus applies to become a concealed carry holder - Louder With Crowder ›
- Canadian government uses Mrs. Claus video to push shots - Louder With Crowder ›
- Tim Allen's TV wife defends actor and sets record straight - Louder With Crowder ›