Dave Chappelle Gets Attacked While On Stage, Causes Chris Rock to Make First Public Will Smith Joke
Dave Chappelle was attacked on stage Tuesday night. The man who many consider to be the GOAT was wrapping up his headlining set at the Hollywood Bowl during Netflix's "Netflix is a Joke" comedy festival. That's when someone lept up on stage and tackled Chappelle to the ground.
Dave Chappelle just got attacked on stage
— Hoodville (@Hoodville_) May 4, 2022
The man was swarmed by security and Chappelle's entourage and taken backstage. What happened to the assailant backstage is unclear as of this reporting. Though, he was loaded into an ambulance shortly after. I'm guessing he was somewhere between jolly-stomped and molly-whopped.
Man That Attacked Dave Chappelle At His Show At Hollywood Bowl Has Hands Broken and Dislocated pic.twitter.com/ZvPgjdV5gz
— raphousetv (@raphousetv2) May 4, 2022
Chappelle was headlining a festival with some of his all-star friends. One of them was Chris Rock. Rock, you may remember, knows a thing or two about being attacked on stage for telling jokes. America was waiting for the comedian to address the Will Smith incident in public. Well, here you go.
I thought this was a joke, it actually happened. After Dave Chappelle gets tackled onstage, Chris Rock grabs the mic and says “was that Will Smith?” pic.twitter.com/8MoCO8L0iB
— Ezra (@EzraCeleste) May 4, 2022
Chappelle joked it was a "trans man" who attacked him. It may very well have been. After Chris Rock was assaulted on stage, there was concern that other people would be encouraged to attack comedians for telling jokes they don't like. There was a lot of outrage and controversy over Chappelle appearing at the Netflix festival, stemming from his last special that critics deemed "transphobic."
It COULD have been a trans ally. Or it could have just been some drunk dude. There has been a rash of people who can't hold their liquor attacking celebrities like Mike Tyson.
Someone just ran on stage and attacked Dave Chappelle 😮 at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles #netflixisajokefest#netflixisajokepic.twitter.com/0WMUPQ7ks4
— DoZay (@DoZay1) May 4, 2022
Chappelle is fine. He managed to get a few shots in of his own. Then, while his crumpled-up assailant was loaded into an ambulance, finished the show like a true professional.
Here is a video of the aftermath. #DaveChappelle handled this like a champ! #HollywoodBowlpic.twitter.com/0xaBpWsbrT
— E5QUIRE (@e5quire) May 4, 2022
So, what have we learned today, children? We learned that while attacking comedians may seem like social justice and/or fun, there are levels to this game. Chappelle is on the level of someone who rolls deep. We learned that when a performer sees someone coming at him, they have to assume the worst (see Darryl, Dimebag). Most importantly, we learned that when you cross the barricade you forfeit the right to leave with all your bones in one piece.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Unfunny Hannah Gadsby LASHES Out At Dave Chappelle! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Joe Rogan Forced to Apologize Over Alleged 'N-Word' Video ... ›
- Kid Rock On Why So Many Artists Bend Over for Cancel Culture ... ›
- Jim Breuer Mocks People Still Living in Fear of COVID - Louder With ... ›
- A Reminder How Biden and Harris Praised Him Jussie Smollett ... ›
- Hannah Gadsby Lashes Out at Dave Chappelle, Netflix - Louder ... ›
- Sebastian Maniscalco Mocks Cancel Culture, St. Patrick's Day ... ›
- Joe Rogan Sounds Off on Patton Oswalt Apologizing - Louder With ... ›
- Guy Who Attacked Dave Chappelle is a Rapper - Louder With Crowder ›
- DA Refuses to Charge Dave Chappelle Attacker with Felony - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle Speaks With His Attacker, Reveals Motive - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle Upset DA Wont Charge Attacker With Felony: - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle to Be Honored By High School - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle Takes Name Off of High School Theater - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jim Breuer Does Two-Minutes on 'Schmaxinated' People - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle's Netflix Special Nominated for an Emmy Award - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jim Breuer's Tearful Story Needs to Be Heard by Everyone - Louder With Crowder ›
- Popstar Butchers National Anthem at Home Run Derby - Louder With Crowder ›
- Haters Get Minneapolis Dave Chappelle Show Cancelled - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle Blasts Venue That Canceled Him - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch: Dave Chappelle Fans Come to Comedians Defense - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle's Surprise Set at Chris Rock-Kevin Hart Show - Louder With Crowder ›
- Chris Rock responds to lame Will Smith apology. - Louder With Crowder ›
- These goons were arrested while protesting Dave Chappelle's - Louder With Crowder ›
- Mike Tyson shares why he turned from an 'all-out liberal' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Chris Rock rejects offer to host Oscars again - Louder With Crowder ›
- Chris Rock finally unleashes on Will Smith - Louder With Crowder ›