Chris Rock rejects offer to host Oscars again with joke about OJ Simpson's ex-wife who was murdered
People keep asking Chris Rock about the Oscars slap, including, it would appear, the Oscars. Rock has been invited back to host again.
To the five of six of you who don't know, Chris Rock was presenting an award at this year's Oscars when he made a joke that Will Smith's wife didn't like. Will Smith thought it was funny, but then he saw that his wife didn't like it, so he assaulted Rock on stage. Smith apologized months later kinda.
According to the Los Angeles Times (according to a source who was at a Rock show in Arizona), the comedian said he turned down the offer because "going back to the awards ceremony would be like asking Nicole Brown Simpson to go back to the restaurant where she left her eyeglasses before being killed."
Nicole Brown Simpson is the ex-wife of OJ Simpson, who was murdered by... someone. OJ was put on trial for it. Critics believe he did. By "critics" I mean most of America. But twelve people in a Los Angeles courtroom felt otherwise. OJ has yet to catch the real killer.
However, he was one of many, many, many people who had an opinion on the Oscars slap. OJ said Smith needs to learn to take a joke like OJ did. But he understands wanting to stick up for your wife.
He was wrong but I understand the sentiment. pic.twitter.com/aURe1pyubg
— O.J. Simpson (@TheRealOJ32) March 29, 2022
I'm amazed anyone involved with the Oscars would lack the self-awareness to ask Chris Rock to co-host. Yes, even by Hollywood standards. I understand why they would. You can't name a single movie nominated from this year's Oscars, let alone any that won. The only thing anyone remembers is the slap. The only reason to watch in 2023 would be to see if Chris Rock gets slapped by someone else. Or if not Rock, another presenter. Someone has to slap someone!
Rock said he also turned down a Super Bowl commercial referencing the slap. That means no "this flavored seltzer will hit harder than Will Smith at an open mic night."
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Freest & Fairest? The FBI Used Hunter Biden’s Laptop... | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Ben Shapiro Reacts to Comedian's Bit About Him - Louder With ... ›
- Joy Behar Blames Dave Chappelle's Attack on Donald Trump ... ›
- Tom Segura Goes Berserk Over Will Smith - Louder With Crowder ›
- Chris Rock Drops a Deuce on Amber Heard - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle's Surprise Set at Chris Rock-Kevin Hart Show ... ›
- Track Star 'Inspired' by Will Smith Knocks Out Track Star - Louder ... ›
- Chris Rock Breaks Silence About The Oscars - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle Gets Attacked While On Stage - Louder With Crowder ›
- Adam Sandler, David Spade Share Support for Chris Rock - Louder ... ›
- Chris Rock finally unleashes on Will Smith - Louder With Crowder ›
- Men get robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight at restaurant - Louder With Crowder ›