Dave Chappelle Upset Progressive DA Refuses to Charge Attacker With Felony: 'It’s a Travesty of Justice'
People were shocked that progressive Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascòn was not charging Isaiah Lee, the man who assaulted Dave Chappelle with a deadly weapon, with a felony. Those of us aware of the rising crime in progressive cities due to progressive policies from progressive politicians like Gascòn weren't surprised. But it was a shock to others. One of them was Dave Chappelle.
Chappelle's lawyer Gabriel Colwell told the NY Postthe comedian was upset by the development. The lawyer called it a travesty of justice that DA Gascòn is refusing to prosecute the case as a felony. “This was a violent assault that was perpetrated on an unsuspecting entertainer while he was giving a show." Colwell believes Lee having a deadly weapon on him makes this violent assault.
Colwell isn't alone. Comedian Joe Rogan said, "When you see that a person commits a clear crime, and does it to one of the most loved performers alive, and does it in a very high profile public setting, and it gets captured on video, and you don’t charge that person for what they obviously did, it’s the kind of thing that makes people lose faith in law enforcement." The only problem is law enforcement wants a felony charge. This is all on the progressive district attorney.
Rapper 50 Cent also questioned how it was possible Lee wasn't going to be charged after attacking Chappelle with a weapon, asking, "Is the LGBTQ gonna kill Dave right in front of us?" This was a reference to the belief the attack could have been related to activists and the media (but I repeat myself) calling Chappelle "transphobic." But Chappelle said he spoke to Lee before cops took him away, and Lee assured the comedian the attack was about his grandmother getting gentrified out of her home.
There is a recall effort underway to recall George Gascòn. He was elected into office in 2020, campaigning on progressive policies for which the progressive Los Angeles voters now want to recall him.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Steven Crowder DRUNK Live in Studio... | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Wil Wheaton Loses It Over Dave Chappelle Being at Netflix Comedy ... ›
- LAPD Arrest, Name Suspect Who Assaulted Dave Chappelle ... ›
- Comedians Discuss Dave Chappelle Attack - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle Gets Attacked While On Stage - Louder With Crowder ›
- Guy Who Attacked Dave Chappelle is a Rapper - Louder With ... ›
- Joy Behar Blames Dave Chappelle's Attack on Donald Trump ... ›
- DA Refuses to Charge Dave Chappelle Attacker with Felony ... ›
- Dave Chappelle Addresses Attack - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dave Chappelle, John Mulaney Cause Controversy with Comedy - Louder With Crowder ›
- Justin Bieber Finds Strength in His Faith After Diagnosis - Louder With Crowder ›