White House accuses Ron DeSantis of political stunts with migrants. Then it was DeSantis' turn to respond.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis recently deployed the National Guard to assist with a huge surge of migrants landing in the Florida Keys. Earlier this week, Karine Jean-Pierre called this a "political stunt" and accused the governor of "creating a problem."
But it turned out, the United States Coast Guard asked Governor DeSantis for help. Oopsies!
\u201cYesterday at 2:56 PM: White House @PressSec accuses Governor DeSantis of doing "political stunts" and "creating a problem" by activating the Guard to help Florida amid Biden Border Crisis\n\nYesterday at 4:49 PM, not even 2 hrs later: US Coast Guard thanks Florida for assistance\u201d— DeSantis War Room \ud83d\udc0a (@DeSantis War Room \ud83d\udc0a) 1673571456
In an email to a DeSantis official, the Coast Guard wrote, "I wanted to formally request the TWIN ENGINE FWC and FLARNG aircraft be authorized to patrol out to 12NM from the shoreline of Florida [...] In my opinion, there should be no objections to this as the state will likely not prosecute migrant vessels."
\u201cNEW: Hours after the White House called FL Gov. @GovRonDeSantis\u2019 move to deploy National Guard & FL resources re: migrant boat landings a \u201cpolitical stunt\u201d that would \u201ccreate a problem\u201d, the U.S. Coast Guard sent this email asking Florida for help, per a DeSantis admin official.\u201d— Bill Melugin (@Bill Melugin) 1673564368
But at a press briefing this afternoon, Karine Jean-Pierre claimed DeSantis is making a "mockery of the system" and is putting the lives of migrants at risk, even with the knowledge that the Coast Guard ASKED FOR HIS HELP.
\u201cJean-Pierre on Florida deploying the national guard to deal with migrant surge: "DeSantis has made a mockery of the system. He has consistently done political stunts. Has not helped to address the issue but has put the lives of migrants coming here for a better life at risk."\u201d— Greg Price (@Greg Price) 1673636624
Earlier today, Governor DeSantis responded to all this drama and slammed the White House for its incompetence in securing the border.
\u201cGovernor DeSantis responds to latest Biden Administration attacks: "I would just tell the White House, not only has the Coast Guard asked us to help [with the migration crisis], but we have no choice but to help -- because of YOUR neglect and incompetence."\u201d— DeSantis War Room \ud83d\udc0a (@DeSantis War Room \ud83d\udc0a) 1673619389
\u201c\ud83d\udc4f\ud83d\udc4f\ud83d\udc4f\nGREAT segment on @foxandfriends this morning that highlights the contrast between @RonDeSantisFL competent governance in Florida and derelict dysfunction in Washington, DC. \n\n[Clip 1 of 2]\u201d— DeSantis War Room \ud83d\udc0a (@DeSantis War Room \ud83d\udc0a) 1673631545
The federal government seems a wee bit butt-hurt that DeSantis keeps highlighting their already blatant incompetence, which is no easy feat. This saga is reminiscent of the Martha's Vineyard scandal, when the White House accused DeSantis of pulling political stunts and endangering the lives of poor illegal immigrants by sending them to a luxury vacation destination.
To add flame to the fire, the administration has not had a great week for immigration stories. Biden faced criticism earlier in the week when he visited the border for the first time as President. It only took him...two years, give or take a few days!
On top of that, the migrant encampments in El Paso were cleaned up ahead of Biden's visit. Strange, considering the entire purpose of visiting the border as President is to assess the state of the border. Hmm.
\u201cThis is El Paso before Biden's visit and after his announcement he was coming to El Paso. We needed him to see what his policies have done to our Border cities and South Texas is still waiting for his Border visit.\n\nPhotos: Fit Fam El Paso\u201d— Mayra Flores (@Mayra Flores) 1673210740
Must just be another one of those crazy conspiracy theories. As our fearless Border Czar Kamala Harris says, the border is most definitely, 100%, actually for real closed. For realzies.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
WAIT! How Much is Illegal Immigration Costing YOU?! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Ron DeSantis sends strongest signal about running for president yet with announcement of February 2023 date ›
- Watch: Ron DeSantis calls for 'Freedom Blueprint' teachers' unions will freak out over (but parents will love) ›
- Ron DeSantis Continues Dominance of Disney, Reacts to Leaked Video of Disney Corporate President ›
- Ron DeSantis Goes Thug Life on Corporate Media: 'Horse Manure,' 'There's Gonna Be Consequences' ›
- Dave Rubin 'Breaks' Florida Law by Saying 'Gay' Right to Ron DeSantis' Face, Who Has the Perfect Response ›
- Ron DeSantis Unloads Over 'Debunked' Hit Piece, Provides Facts '60 Minutes' Refused To ›
- NYT whines Ron DeSantis won't talk to them and the one-word Team DeSantis response is perfection ›
- Ron DeSantis Receives Rockstar Reception at UFC, Joe Rogan Calls Him 'Best Governor in the Game' ›
- Ron DeSantis tells DC where to stick a gas stove ban while media attempts to gaslight (pun intended) on the issue ›
- Ron DeSantis works the crowd at the Kansas City Chiefs game - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis lays out TRUTH about the banned history class - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis: kids shouldn't have cell phones in class - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis lays down the law with mandatory life sentences - Louder With Crowder ›
- Politico blasts Team DeSantis for their media relations - Louder With Crowder ›