Kathy Hochul announces gas stove ban in new bid to push New Yorkers to Florida
A few days ago, news broke that the Biden administration may be planning a nationwide ban on gas stoves. After facing widespread backlash from stove enthusiasts across the country, Biden ruled the ban out as a possibility.
New York Governor Kathy Hochul, however, can't seem to take a hint. During her State of the State address, Hochul announced bans on gas stoves, as well as oil furnaces and hot water heaters in commercial construction and new homes. The bans are part of "The New York Housing Compact," which is supposed to build 800,000 new homes over the next ten years to address New York State's historic housing shortage.
\u201cKathy Hochul moves to ban gas stoves in New York\n\nhttps://t.co/876CCyKpNw\u201d— The Post Millennial (@The Post Millennial) 1673549411
This is the same state that just faced a historic blizzard in Buffalo which left some residents without power, food, or heat for days on end. Do you know what's really handy to have during a blizzard that causes power outages and closes all supermarkets? A gas stove.
Not to mention, a gas stove ban would have a detrimental impact on restaurants. Restauranteur Stratis Morfogen told Tucker Carlson a ban on gas stoves would drop productivity by 40%, increase bills sixfold, and overall destroy the restaurant industry.
\u201cThank you @TuckerCarlson @FoxNews for giving small business a BIG PLATFORM to fight GOVT over reach. https://t.co/WsMHcZD0t5\u201d— Stratis Morfogen (@Stratis Morfogen) 1673408854
Unfortunately, Kathy Hochul infringing on the rights of her citizens is nothing new, which is a huge reason why so many New Yorkers have fled to Florida. Perhaps this asinine gas stove ban will push a few more down South.
Today, Governor Ron DeSantis made Florida's position on this issue very clear with brand-new "Don't Tread on Florida" gas stove signs.
\u201cWATCH: Gov. Ron DeSantis declares "you're not taking our gas stoves away from us," holds up a "Don't Tread on Florida" gas stove sign\n\n"We're gonna stand up for that [...] They start propagating the narrative, but then they got blowback, and they kind of had to retreat from it."\u201d— Florida\u2019s Voice (@Florida\u2019s Voice) 1673537140
It's quite unfortunate America has reached the point of debating whether or not the federal government has the authority to regulate the appliances in your own home. But at least we can always count on leaders like DeSantis to meme on the feds.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
Ron DeSantis SUSPENDS Corrupt Prosecutor! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Watch: Bill Clinton yucks it up, mocks voters' concern about crime in defense of endangered Dem governor ›
- 'Rogue employee' hacks New York Post's Twitter... and Kathy Hochul had a statement ready to go politicizing it? ›
- A Republican could upset the NEW YORK governor's race if these early voting numbers hold up ›
- Watch: Lee Zeldin supporter gets choked for peacefully protesting outside of Kathy Hochul rally ›
- NYC man with 25 priors sexually assaults a jogger as Hillary Clinton campaigns for crime-denier Kathy Hochul ›
- Watch: Kathy Hochul flies to Puerto Rico, satisfies her fetish of being maskless around masked children ›
- Watch: Progressive governor doesn't understand why locking up criminals is 'so important' ›
- Watch how Kathy Hochul's left with a dumb look on her face as MSNBC tells her 'we don't feel safe' in NYC ›
- NY Governor desecrates the idea of BBQ with one of the worst pandering politician photos ever seen ›
- NY Governor asked why so many people are fleeing her state, tosses an embarrassing word salad in response ›