Watch: A reporter's free beer experiment at a concert turns into an "unmitigated disaster" for Bud Light
I've always felt a kinship with Clay Travis. We have a lot in common. We both like boobs and the First Amendment. What I didn't know about Clay is that he is an amateur social scientist as well. Over the weekend, he conducted the Free Beer Test.
Travis was rocking out at a Nashville concert and brought a few coolers with him loaded with beer. Some Michelob, some Yuengling, and of course some Bud Light. All things were equal. Open the cooler. Take a free beer. Guess which beer was left over at the end?
Weekend experiment. Beers in cooler at Nashville area event. Pick which beer you want. No one would take the Bud Light all night long. Big issue going forward for Bud Light is many don’t even want to be seen with product. They just pick another brand. pic.twitter.com/UleRAjdLTc
— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) May 8, 2023
It is not just that people aren't buying the beer. You vote with your dollars. People voting with their dollars by spending them on any other beer is bad enough for the company. But beer drinkers, at least in this experiment, didn't even want to be seen drinking the beer FOR FREE. When have you ever heard of someone turning down free beer? I'm fairly certain the only time I drank Bud Light was if I was handed a free can.
These results led Dr. Travis to the following conclusion: "There’s no quick fix here, brand is slaughtered in red state beer drinking communities. Bet there is hardly any at SEC tailgates this fall."
Overall consumption of Bud Light is now down 26%. That’s an unmitigated disaster for the brand. And many are now avoiding the beer to avoid being mocked for drinking the beer. There’s no quick fix here, brand is slaughtered in red state beer drinking communities. Bet there is…
— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) May 8, 2023
My advice for college bros is to switch to Miller Lite. If you are looking for a cheap beer you can crush twelve at a time, it's just as good as Bud Light but the can looks cooler.
However, since we here at the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website believe in calling balls and strikes, I do have one criticism about this experiment. At no point in the research does Clay mention WHAT concert he was at.
It has nothing to do with proving how toxic Bud Light has become. I'm just curious.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Two TikTok bros vs Anheuser-Busch: Which of these videos embarrasses Bud Light the MOST? ›
- Anheuser-Busch issues another statement on Bud Light disaster, claims it was "just one can" ›
- Controversial Bud Light executive taking "leave of absence" after torpedoing brand in the name of Dylan Mulvaney ›
- Watch: Beer distributor laments how Bud Light's get woke scheme is causing HIM to go broke ›
- "Celebrate the wins": Boycotting Bud Light proves conservatives are winning the war ›
- Watch: Country singer replaces "Bud Light" in his song lyrics and a stadium full of Americans explodes with applause ›
- Watch: No one has said "April Fool's" yet, so Dylan Mulvaney is Bud Light's new spokes...whatever ›
- Watch: It all makes sense when you hear "declining" Bud Light's woke VP attack customers as "fratty and out of touch" ›
- "It was a mistake": Anheuser-Busch has settled on their scapegoat for the ginormous Bud Light f*ck up ›
- Viral video of an empty Bud Light stand at Fenway Park proves what enormous trouble the company's in ›
- Dude dressed as Bud Light can busted DUI - Louder With Crowder ›
- Miller Lite slays with pro-woman ad. - Louder With Crowder ›
- Miller Lite marketing exec is our progressive queen - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bud Light's latest marketing plan involves the military - Louder With Crowder ›
- Reporters harass former Bud Light marketing executive - Louder With Crowder ›