Bill Burr May Not Get Invited Back to SNL After His Monologue Mocking Woke White Women
SNL has been hit or miss during the Trump years. Mostly miss, with an occasional flash of accidental comedy. When it was announced Bill Burr would host SNL for the first time, my expectations were slightly elevated since Burr isn't known for ever disappointing. Having a pile of f*** you money can do that. Burr exceeded expectations, and as you'll see from his monologue and from the ensuing outrage, what would easily assume he may not get invited back.
Bill Burr Stand-Up Monologue - SNL youtu.be
Somehow, white women swung their Gucci booted feet over the fence of oppression and stuck themselves at the front of the line. "My life is so hard. My SUV and my heated seats. You have no idea what it's like to be me."
I mean, he's not wrong (see SINGLE MOTHER IN PORTLAND WANTS YOU TO KNOW HOW SLEEP-DEPRIVED SHE IS FROM ALL THAT PROTESTING and WHITE LEFTIST GETS BTFO'D LECTURING BLACK COP ON RACISM). It of course didn't stop people from getting all rackle rackle rackle about it on Twitter. You know, the place where everyone with serious opinions goes to express themselves.
My whole family walked out of the room, he is tone deaf & horrible - signed a mom in her 50's. Way to blow it after a great opening skit SNL, so disappointing.
— Lisa Mckean (@jbwsgirl) October 11, 2020
who told bill burr he, a straight white man, should try to tackle homophobia and racism in the worst way possible in his snl monologue
— ً (@wyattswoods) October 11, 2020
Made it about one minute into Bill Burr's SNL monologue before I had to change the channel. In this cultural moment, SNL really thought the best choice for a host was a white male standup ranting about “Cancel Culture?"
— Sally Hourigan (@sallyjh4889) October 11, 2020
Yes. In this cultural moment, SNL thought the best choice for host of what at least used to be a comedy show was a comedian. In other words ...
Bill Burr's #SNL monologue was racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and above all else, funny.
— Luis J. Gomez (@luisjgomez) October 11, 2020
He mocked the news and recent societal malarkey. Skipping the Trump stuff because it's SNL and they would have course have that covered throughout the rest of the show. He also mocked the pandemic and people refusing to wear masks, which may include some of your reading this right now. It was still funny, as jokes are supposed to be. I also wouldn't be surprised if he leaned into the left more because that's what you're told you can't do. Especially on SNL and especially in New York City, where some feel comedians being political activists is more important than comedians crafting jokes or being in any way comedic.
Bill Burr is one of the best. He also has made it clear he doesn't giveAF. The two usually go hand in hand.
Bill Burr on the Ground Owl | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Comedian, Bill Burr On Ridiculous Gun Control - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bill Burr Drops Some Truth on White Privilege - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Rogan and Bill Burr Discuss COVID-19 and Masks - Louder ... ›
- Bill Burr Hilariously Mocks Whiny Trump Protesters. And it's Perfect ... ›
- WATCH: Bill Burr Hysterically Compares Feminists to Sports Fanatics ›
- Bill Burr Describes What it Means to Be Liberal, and it's Perfect ... ›
- Angry Feminist Accuses Bill Burr of Hate Speech. He Destroys Her ... ›
- Bill Burr on Gender Neutrality: "What Do You Mean 'Force' My Kid ... ›
- Feminist Interviewer Tries Baiting Bill Burr into Argument. Fails ... ›
- WATCH: Bill Burr, Jim Jeffries Excoriate SNL for Cancelling Shane ... ›
- SNL Mocks Horrible Celebrity Anti-Trump Montage Videos - Louder With Crowder ›
- Staten Island Activist UNLOADS on SNL's Pete Davidson - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bill Burr Sounds Off on New York/California Elitism - Louder With Crowder ›