Bill Burr's Specific Reason for Refusing to Apologize to Outrage Mobs Proves Why He's the Best to Do It
Bill Burr has made his disdain for however you define cancel culture clear. An argument can be made he sometimes tells jokes specifically designed to trigger cancel culture warriors. Burr was a guest on Steve-O's podcast, where Steve-O asked if he's ever apologized for a joke, which can be a loaded question. The comedian says he has no problem apologizing and talking to an individual. But an outrage mob who may or may not even know why they are outraged? Nope.
And his reason why shows why he's one of the best. If he bends a knee to the mob, it makes it harder for all other comedians.
Has Bill Burr Ever Apologized For A Joke? | Wild Ride! Clipsyoutu.be
"I refuse to apologize to anyone that’s upset that they heard a joke at a show they weren’t at [...] I'm not a believer in the mob mentality, and I'm not going to apologize just because it's not worth it. Because then all I do is give that strength, then some other comic's gonna have to deal with it so."
The apologies also make you look like a nincompoop. For example, both Bill Burr and Drew Barrymore have commented on how entertained they have been by the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard drama. I'm sure both heard from randos how "offensive" it was that burr and Barrymore were making light of a serious situation. Only Barrymore let herself be forced to apologize, in the worst forced apology I've ever seen.
But back to Burr's point about what would happen to other comics. Burr has the benefit of living on a ginormous pile of f*ck you money. He's the #2 best comic in the world, behind Dave Chappelle. If he lets himself get forced into apologizing because of a handful of idiots on Twitter, it makes things harder for every other comic. If they collect Burr's scalp, the comic starting off, in a club where an audience member who's offended by everything live-streams his set, doesn't stand a prayer.
Good for Burr. I like to hope other established comics would follow suit.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Bill Burr on the Ground Owl | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- CEO Says Virtual Sex May One Day be 'Equally as Enjoyable ... ›
- Amber Heard Finally Addresses Poop Incident - Louder With Crowder ›
- 'Your Hamburger Comes With a Dose of Misogyny': Watch The ... ›
- Crowder embraced his inner SJW and learned about pronouns ... ›
- Sebastian Maniscalco Mocks Cancel Culture, St. Patrick's Day ... ›
- Working Out Is 'Fatphobic'? This Crazy-Eyed Chubber Says So ... ›
- Bill Burr on Gender Neutrality: "What Do You Mean 'Force' My Kid ... ›
- Blue Checkmark Implies Bill Burr Has 'Minority Sex Servant' - Louder ... ›
- Bill Burr Mocked Woke White Women During SNL Monologue ... ›