Bill Burr Sounds Off on New York/California Elitism
Folks in New York City and Los Angeles don't always grasp the concept that people outside NYC and LA have different opinions from them. Or if they do have different opinions, those "fly-over country" opinions are invalid. It's reflected heavily in media coverage. Compare how Andrew Cuomo and Gavin Newsom are treated for their pandemic "leadership" versus how the media handles governors like Ron DeSantis or Kristi Noem. I'd argue that NY/CA elitism is at the center of most political arguments. When conservatives make the point, it's dismissed as petty partisanship. Often by bloggers and reporters who live in NYC or LA.
That's why it helps to amplify people from outside politics who make a similar point. Like Bill Burr.
Bill Burr On Why Phones Ruin Comedy Shows | The Netflix Afterparty youtu.be
It's been my experience that New York and Los Angeles live in this bubble. And they're talking as if they're representing how everyone is thinking. And they don't.
Burr is talking specifically about comedy. But the NYC/LA attitude can be applied to all walks of life. They don't understand how you can laugh at a joke they find problematic. They also don't understand how you can possibly vote for someone they hate, or why you're frustrated to stay locked down and unemployed. Is it any wonder people in this country feel ignored or forgotten? Or think that people hate them?
When in actuality, the people in NYC and LA are the weird ones. Allegedly. Americans want to be free to live their lives. Contrary to how it feels when you consume too much media. It helps to remind yourself of that.
The Honorable Bill Burr | Louder With Crowder www.youtube.com
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- Comedian Bill Burr BLASTS Hillary Clinton's Shameless Pandering ... ›
- HILARIOUS: Bill Burr Talks Trump Driving Liberal Hollywood Insane ... ›
- Bill Burr Drops Some Truth on White Privilege - Louder With Crowder ›
- Angry Feminist Accuses Bill Burr of Hate Speech. He Destroys Her ... ›
- Bill Burr Nails it on Why People Like Donald Trump - Louder With ... ›
- Bill Burr Describes What it Means to Be Liberal, and it's Perfect ... ›
- Feminist Interviewer Tries Baiting Bill Burr into Argument. Fails ... ›
- Bill Burr on Gender Neutrality: "What Do You Mean 'Force' My Kid ... ›
- WATCH: Bill Burr, Jim Jeffries Excoriate SNL for Cancelling Shane ... ›
- Bill Burr Mocked Woke White Women During SNL Monologue ... ›
- Song Parody Mocks Gavin Newsom's Alleged Lockdown Hypocrisy - Louder With Crowder ›