Ron DeSantis 'Caught' Maskless at Super Bowl, Issues Pitch-Perfect Excuse
We've all got our eye on Florida Governor Ron DeSantis as a potential 2024 candidate. He's shown he knows how to handle the press. More importantly, he's shown that unlike others on the right, he'll back up his words with actual legislative action. He also manages to do all this, as Steve Deace points out, in a major swing state where there's partisan blowback to every decision he makes. My man's got some stones, is what I'm getting at. He also appears to have a sense of humor.
DeSantis was enjoying the Super Bowl on Sunday. Apparently a little too much, according to one spy.
What do you notice about Ron DeSantis at the Super Bowl? pic.twitter.com/BqjFX7bthQ
— Mystery Solvent (@MysterySolvent) February 8, 2021
OH MY GOD, HE'S NOT WEARING MASK!!! HE'S IGNORING THE CLEAR CDC GUIDELINES SAYING HE SHOULD WEAR ONE!!! I guess the governor thinks he's as special as Tom Brady. Or, hear me out, maybe he just happened to take it off momentarily. That's a conclusion a normie would come to. I'd even argue a normie wouldn't care in the first place. But there are snitches everywhere.
Word of this "explosive" photo got back to DeSantis. Knowing how predictable the media is, he knew this would turn into a thing if he didn't act fast. Which the governor did, by laughing it off before he was even questioned about it.
Caught DeSantis before he left an event and he brought up this picture on his own by saying, "Someone said, 'hey, you were at the Super Bowl without a mask' ... but how the hell am I going to be able to drink a beer with a mask on? Come on. I had to watch the Bucs win." https://t.co/OEDAeW2eGM
— Marc Caputo (@MarcACaputo) February 8, 2021
Laughter is the best medicine. Actually, that's not true. Beer is the best medicine. Laughter comes next. But if DeSantis responded with a beer, possibly pouring said beer over the head of whoever took the photo, that would create a whole other set of problems. So the governor just laughed it off. He also did so before anyone in the press had a chance to give him crap for the sin of temporarily not wearing a mask.
Being able to handle the press as a Republican candidate is as important as your position on any issue. Ron DeSantis clearly checks that box.
WHAT A PIECE OF SH*T: Bruce Springsteen | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Florida Governor Signs Bill Allowing MORE Teachers to Carry Guns ... ›
- Some Florida COVID Testing Is Off by Only ... 89 Percent - Louder ... ›
- Florida Gov Proposes New Law, Make It Legal to Shoot Looters ... ›
- Communist Florida State Student Assaults 'Nazi' Republicans ... ›
- Communist Student From Viral Video Arrested for Battery - Louder ... ›
- Media Challenges Gov. Ron DeSantis to Take Vaccine, He ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Gives Patriotic Response to Being Attacked by CNN ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Sends Message: Lockdowns Don't Work - Louder ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Scolds CNN Reporter Questioning Vaccine Rollout ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Proposes ACTUAL LEGISLATION to Combat Big ... ›
- Gov. DeSantis Destroys Media Over Super Bowl Mask Drama - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis Drops Epic Nickname for Joe Biden: 'Lockdowner' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis Obliterates Dems Caving to Teachers' Unions - Louder With Crowder ›
- BOOM! Ron DeSantis Calls for Strengthening 'Election Integrity' - Louder With Crowder ›