Ron DeSantis Proposes ACTUAL LEGISLATION to Combat Big Tech
"I want action tonight,
Anti-Big Tech legislation all night."
-Poison, "I Want Action" (2021 Zuck Fuckerberg Remix)
Finally, a Republican politician is doing something that isn't just saying words. Not that I don't enjoy Big Tech hearings from a content standpoint. Watching Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg look stupid is fun for the whole family. But Jack and Zuck were dismissed. Nothing was done. Republicans lost the Senate and will probably tell us if we re-elect them, they'll totally do something this time! We can believe them...again. Or, we can tell them to shove their campaign promises up their keesters. Because Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is CURRENTLY in power, is proposing actual legislation.
Sure, he *just* means for Florida. For now. Let's not pretend that he doesn't know that we know that he knows that we know he's thinking of running for president. That would be embarrassing for both of us.
LIVE: Gov. Ron DeSantis at the Florida State Capitol youtu.be
- Provide users the option to opt out of the various algorithms these platforms use to steer or suppress content.
- Provide users the ability to bring lawsuits against tech companies for violations of these requirements under Florida's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Imposing a daily $100,000 fine on a tech company that deplatforms a candidate for elected office until access to the platform is restored.
- If a tech company promotes one candidate for office against another, the free promotion must be recorded as a campaign contribution.
- If a tech company uses algorithms to suppress or prioritize the access of any content related to a political cause or candidate on the ballot, that company will face daily fines.
Whether the legislation goes anywhere, there are high-priced Floridian political operatives who can better answer that. I know nothing about Florida politics. Plus I'm sure the companies who may be targeted are going to have something to say about it. We'll probably get more hearings. Who knows?
But this legislation is at least something tangible. It's identifying a perceived problem and listing penalties and courses of action if those perceived problems continue. It's something citizens can read. They can debate it and discuss it. They can decide to only support elected officials and candidates who support the plan. DeSantis proposed a thing. An actual thing. An actual thing that, *should* he run for higher office, could, in theory, become a nationwide campaign issue. Just sayin'.
Whether it goes anywhere or not, that depends on a number of factors. But it's a start.
Crowder SUES Facebook! | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- SHOW NOTES: Arizona Election Fraud Testimony - Louder With ... ›
- Some Florida COVID Testing Is Off by Only ... 89 Percent - Louder ... ›
- Florida Governor Signs Bill Allowing MORE Teachers to Carry Guns ... ›
- Communist Florida State Student Assaults 'Nazi' Republicans ... ›
- Florida Gov Proposes New Law, Make It Legal to Shoot Looters ... ›
- Communist Student From Viral Video Arrested for Battery - Louder ... ›
- Media Challenges Gov. Ron DeSantis to Take Vaccine, He ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Gives Patriotic Response to Being Attacked by CNN ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Scolds CNN Reporter Questioning Vaccine Rollout ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Sends Message: Lockdowns Don't Work - Louder ... ›
- Ron DeSantis 'Caught' Maskless at Super Bowl - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis Drops Epic Nickname for Joe Biden: 'Lockdowner' - Louder With Crowder ›
- BOOM! Ron DeSantis Calls for Strengthening 'Election Integrity' - Louder With Crowder ›
- NBC News Writes Hit Piece Attacking Ron DeSantis for ... Vaccinating People? - Louder With Crowder ›