Florida Governor Proposes New Law Making It Legal to Shoot Looters, Threatening Mobs
Please allow me to presuppose that Donald Trump did in fact lose this year. Just for the sake of argument, because there are already a number of names being discussed to maybe, possibly, in theory consider a run for president in 2024. One of those names is Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who prior to COVID had an insane approval rating amongst Floridians. Even now, I believe he's still over 50% and climbing. If DeSantis is in fact thinking of maybe, possibly, in theory running for president, this latest legislative move will make campaigning interesting.
DeSantis saw the riots, looting, and violent protests over this past year (see BUSINESS OWNER AFTER SETTING HIS BUSINESS ON FIRE and REPORTER VIOLENTLY ASSAULTED BY BLM LOOTERS AND RIOTERS). He saw innocent victims have their lives and livelihoods destroyed. DeSantis' solution? Expanded Florida's stand your ground laws to make it legal to shoot looters and rioters.
The legislation is an attempt to prevent "violent and disorderly assemblies" by permitting violence against anyone involved in the "interruption or impairment" of a business, reportedly described in the draft as being a burglary within 500 feet of "violent or disorderly assembly."
The draft legislation also includes measures that would make protesting which disrupts the public by blocking traffic, a third degree felony. The law would also reportedly grant immunity to drivers who unintentionally kill or injure protesters who were blocking traffic.
Oh, and if a local government votes to withhold money from police, Florida will withhold money from the local governments. If I were him, I'd call it the MAGA Deez Nuts Act.
Some are calling this an endorsement of vigilantism, but if I were to guess, it's the same people who call riots "peaceful protests." What DeSantis is trying with this legislation is increase citizens' rights to self-defense. Sure, the Second Amendment does that to begin with, but things can get dicey in the court system. They get dicier when the media tends to ignore the people causing the violence, then wants to try people who defend themselves in the court of public opinion.
Obviously, such an expansion of the law is going to require tons of debate, and the text of the law needs to be scrutinized. I anticipate the internet being fun once it does.
We've Never Had These Before! Massive Voting Irregularities | Good Morning #MugClub youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Communist Florida State Student Assaults 'Nazi' Republicans ... ›
- Florida Sheriff on Terrorism: We're at War, Arm Yourselves! ›
- Florida Has Declared that the WWE Is an Essential Business During ... ›
- Florida Boy Told He Can't Wear 'Hooters' Mask in School - Louder ... ›
- Florida Governor Signs Bill Allowing MORE Teachers to Carry Guns ... ›
- Worst Media Reactions to Florida High School Shooting - Louder ... ›
- NRA's Wayne LaPierre SCORCHES Media/Dems over Florida ... ›
- Florida Man Shot Two Intruders Who Broke Into His Home - Louder ... ›
- Polls Show that People in Florida Really Hate Bernie Sanders ... ›
- Some Florida COVID Testing Is Off by Only ... 89 Percent - Louder ... ›
- Florida Man Saves a Puppy from Being Eaten by an Alligator - Louder With Crowder ›
- Media Challenges Gov. Ron DeSantis to Take Vaccine, He Responds Perfectly - Louder With Crowder ›
- Enjoy Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis DESTROYING a CNN Reporter Over His Vaccine Rollout - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis Gives Patriotic Response to Being Attacked by CNN - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis Sends Message: Lockdowns Don't Work - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis Proposes ACTUAL LEGISLATION to Combat Big Tech - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis 'Caught' Maskless at Super Bowl - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis Obliterates Dems Caving to Teachers' Unions - Louder With Crowder ›
- BOOM! Ron DeSantis Calls for Strengthening 'Election Integrity' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Florida Man Shot Two Intruders Who Broke Into His Home - Louder With Crowder ›