Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
February 16, 2023
'You won't be missed': Elon Musk declares cancel culture dead after watching this Joe Rogan clip
There have been a lot less of "cancel x" or "x is over party" trends on the bird app after Elon Musk fired the bitterly partisan, commie as f*ck nincompoops who decided what was allowed to trend on Twitter. Whether the two are related or it's mere irony everyone decided to pull the giant metal rod out of their rectums at the same time those people were fired is up for debate. Elon says the debate is settled. As does his BFF Joe Rogan and Matt Taibbi, one of the non-corporate journalists Musk has opened the books to.
This clip from the Joe Rogan Experience is going viral where Joe and Matt discuss the noticeable changes.
Matt Taibbi & Joe Rogan on Twitter 2.0 and the Fall of Cancel Culture
“The old Twitter was just a grindstone of official messaging” @mtaibbi @joerogan @elonmusk pic.twitter.com/rVohauHZxS
— Chief Nerd (@TheChiefNerd) February 14, 2023
Elon has used the clip as a reason to declare an end to cancel culture.
RIP Cancel Culture, you won’t be missed
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 14, 2023
I think the death of cancel culture is premature. As long as everyone in the media and the news entertainment clickbait complex all skews the in the same political direction, cancel culture will always be with us. But without Twitter employees putting their thumb on the scale over who gets canceled and whose tweets calling for someone to get canceled are amplified, there will be a lot less of it.
Look no further than the regular target of "cancelation" Chris Pratt. Prior to Elon buying Twitter, all it took was Pratt showing up in the Thor trailer for "Twitter" to "demand" Pratt be canceled. Or, when the actor would post something about his family. You see, the knock on Pratt (by idiots) is that he likes Jesus, America, and hunting. And because he uses his platform to make millions of people happy and NOT attack Trump supporters, leftists hate him. Yet a few movie trailers and a few more Instagram posts about how much he loves his wife later, no one has tried "canceling" him after Elon took over.
It's not just a lack of Cancelling Chris. Japanese Twitter users noticed after a reporter complained she had no one left at Twitter to call anymore to make sure her "news" articles trended, the bird app was becoming more pleasant:
Users appear to consider the new trending list as more authentic than the politics-infused list allegedly curated by Twitter, which is a fair assumption. Japanese users have compared this list to previous days where almost all trending topics were political in nature. The user who posted the list called the new trends “peaceful” and joked about how the curation team must have spend their time “sorting out topics like this every day”.
It turns out that when Twitter employees don't have their finger on the scale, Twitter users don't care about the political topics those Twitter employees want them to be outraged over. Without Twitter's thumb on the scale amplifying outrage tweets over the tweets of people criticizing the outrage, lazy journalismers have less to write about.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
From Your Site Articles
- Best Memes and Meltdowns (So Far) Over Elon Musk's Offer to Buy Twitter ›
- Watch: Elon Musk says the obvious part out loud about 'almost every Twitter conspiracy theory' ›
- Watch this 'day in the life' vlog of a Twitter employee and you won't feel bad Elon is firing 75% of them ›
- Elon Musk Denies Explosive Allegation He Sexed Up Google Co-Founder's Wife: 'I Haven't Had Sex in Ages' ›
- Elon Musk blasts Wikipedia for recession definition change, they also changed the definition of 'definition' ›
- Elon Musk tweets bunny emoji, sends woke scientist down rabbit hole of conspiracies ›
- Oh-My: Elon Musk Clowns AOC Over Latest Anti-Billionaire Rant, Makes Her Look Silly With His Response ›
- Watch: Feds paid Twitter MILLIONS to suppress news, and Elon Musk claims they aren't the only ones ›
- Elon Musk uses semi-NSFW meme to show how much Twitter loves his tweets, and his haters are in full meltdown ›
- Watch: Elon Musk condemns world government AT the World Government Summit and it's glorious to witness ›
- Matt Taibbi shuts down Democrat questioning his journalistic - Louder With Crowder ›
- Sebastian Maniscalco Mocks Cancel Culture, St. Patrick's Day - Louder With Crowder ›
- Chris Pratt Erects a Giant Cross for Easter - Louder With Crowder ›