Elon Musk found not liable in fraud trial, then turns questions around on reporters as he leaves
It's no secret Elon Musk is a master of trolling. Case in point: yesterday, as he was leaving his fraud trial, he was hounded by questions from reporters. He somehow managed to turn the questions around on them.
Elon: Were you guys listening? What did you think?
Reporter: Any more comments?
Elon: No, I can't comment because legal stuff. But I'm curious what you guys think.
Reporter: Uhh, we weren't listening.
You can see Elon's handlers like "please just get in the car." But that's not how he rolls.
\u201cThe media tried asking @ElonMusk questions after the trial so he turned it around on them and asked for their thoughts instead \ud83d\ude02\n\n\u201d— ALX \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8 (@ALX \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8) 1674626653
Musk was being sued by Tesla shareholders in a class-action lawsuit. The lawsuit centered on Musk's tweets from 2018, when he claimed he had “funding secured” to take Tesla private for $420 per share, and that “investor support” for the deal was “confirmed.” His tweets caused Tesla trading to halt for weeks and the share price was volatile for weeks.
Musk claimed he had a verbal agreement with Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund at the time of the tweets, but the deal fell through. Yesterday, the jury found him not liable for the losses incurred by investors due to his tweets, a huge relief, given that Musk had tried to get the trial moved out of San Francisco to Texas. He feared he wouldn't get a fair trial in California due to the outrage over his purchase of Twitter.
And his fears weren't unfounded. In the questionnaire for potential jurors, one woman described Musk as “the next Trump” and a “delusional narcissist." Another said that Tesla's are "beautiful" but Elon was "an idiot."
Throughout the trial, Musk reportedly laughed when the Judge joked about whether it’s “metaphysically possible” for plaintiffs to prove a “material misrepresentation.” He also offered his assistance when the court was struggling with tech issues. Like the helpful little troll he is.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
- Watch: Elon Musk says the obvious part out loud about 'almost every Twitter conspiracy theory' ›
- Elon Musk drops bombshell about Twitter shadowbanning candidates and elected officials ›
- Elon Musk responds to stepping down as Twitter CEO, and...BAH GAWD, that's MySpace Tom's entrance music ›
- Watch this 'day in the life' vlog of a Twitter employee and you won't feel bad Elon is firing 75% of them ›
- Elon Musk blasts Wikipedia for recession definition change, they also changed the definition of 'definition' ›
- O.G. Ice-T (original gangster) comes to Elon Musk's defense and tells haters what to do with their Twitter ›
- Elon Musk tweets bunny emoji, sends woke scientist down rabbit hole of conspiracies ›
- Elon Musk embraces his inner edgelord as he points out how 'creepy' Anthony Fauci is ›
- Watch: Feds paid Twitter MILLIONS to suppress news, and Elon Musk claims they aren't the only ones ›
- Oh-My: Elon Musk Clowns AOC Over Latest Anti-Billionaire Rant, Makes Her Look Silly With His Response ›
- Elon Musk drinking whiskey and toasting marshmallows - Louder With Crowder ›