Failed Transgender Olympic Weightlifter Laurel Hubbard Named 'Sportswoman of the Year' for Some Reason
Weightlifter Laurel Hubbard shattered a glass ceiling this past summer. She became the first transgender athlete to fail at the Olympics. Actually, she shattered two glass ceilings by also becoming the first person to fail in two different genders. Prior to transitioning, Laurel — under her previous name Gavin — was also a mediocre weightlifter. It is for this glass ceiling-shattering performance that New Zealand has named Hubbard its ... Sportswoman of the Year.
The award is given out by the University of Otago. Hubbard is the first transgender recipient in the award's 113-year history celebrating "sporting greatness." Unclear is how many of the previous 112 recipients also failed at their chosen sport. Hubbard says of the award, "This award belongs to everyone who has been part of my Olympic journey." It's very nice of her to share this honor with the mainstream media.
Hubbard competed at the 2020 Olympic Games in the weightlifting competition. But she failed to make a successful lift. The three women who actually won medals in weightlifting — Li Wenwen, Emily Campbell, and Sarah Robles — have not been named sportswomen of the year in their respective countries.
While the first transgender recipient of this award, Hubbard is not the first transgender recipient of a sports-based award. That honor goes to Caitlyn Jenner, who in 2015 was given the ESPN Courage Award. Unlike Hubbard, Jenner was at least a successful athlete as a male. "Bruce" Jenner won gold when she competed in the Olympics. Caitlyn Jenner was given an award in courage as a publicity stunt for the courageous way she launched her career as a reality TV star.
We here at the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website would like to congratulate Laurel Hubbard on this beautiful and brave accomplishment. Better luck next year to all of the female New Zealand athletes who may actually have succeeded in their chosen sport.
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
Social Justice MMA Outlet Tries To Cancel Joe Rogan? | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Transgender BMX rider for Team USA vowed to 'burn' flag - Louder ... ›
- Police Arrest 2 Smuggling KFC Across Border Against Lockdown ... ›
- AOC Blames Sha'Carri Richardson's Olympic Pot Bust on Racism ... ›
- Tamyra Mensah-Stock says 'God Spoke Through Me:' - Louder With ... ›
- Female Weightlifters Told to Keep Quiet About Laurel Hubbard ... ›
- Trump Cracks Jokes About Transgender Olympian Laurel Hubbard ... ›
- Video Proves Media Lied About Joe Rogan and Horse Dewormer - Louder With Crowder ›
- Caitlyn Jenner Releases New Anti-Biden 'LGBTQ' T-Shirt - Louder With Crowder ›