Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
February 19, 2023
Couple attempts road trip in electric car, ends up with 'range anxiety' after needing to recharge TWELVE times
A 1500-mile road trip took four days and caused 'range anxiety' -- which I guess is a thing now -- for a couple who attempted to do a basic car thing with an electric vehicle.
I think this joint from Axios was supposed to be pro-EV, as it's meant to illustrate how road trips with an electric vehicle are perfectly, quote, "doable." Contrary to a number of reports that EV struggle to perform basic car and truck functions as opposed to their more reliable gas-powered counterparts.
Three things stood out that, in an attempt to sell people on taking a road trip in your EV, make it sound like a miserable experience. The first is having to drive in the freezing cold because having your heat on might drain your battery faster: "A Kia engineer told us that the cold would put extra stress on the battery, draining it faster than normal. So I used only the heated steering wheel and heated seats while driving — no cabin heat."
Taking a 1500-mile trip in gas-powered vehicles, you need to refuel a lot less than TWELVE TIMES. Also, "charging times varied between 20 minutes and 55 minutes, depending on the state of the car's battery and the speed of the chargers we used."
As opposed to it only taking ten minutes to refill your gas tank IF you also take extra time to pick out munchies for the next leg of the road trip.
Then there is this: "We were constantly thinking about where to charge next. It occupied our minds more than where to eat or spend the night."
The entire point of the "Great American Road Trip" is that it's supposed to be a relaxing experience. You turn the radio up and enjoy the scenery. Only if you can't drive with the heat on, your radio will drain the battery as well. The classic road trip playlist is replaced by "lol at those anti-science rubes driving gas guzzlers" and "shit, I forgot where the next charging station is."
Instead of enjoying the ride, you're worried about your battery dying on the side of the road. And hoping some coal miners come by to give you a push.
What's most important is the superiority you feel over gas-powered vehicle owners. It's not the cost savings - electricity is more expensive than gasoline right now. It's the smugness in knowing you care more about the Earth as you painstakingly plan your journey, charting every charging station, and needing to break out a calculator to figure out how many miles you have until you need to stop again.
As opposed to getting into your car and hitting the open road. With the heat on.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
Who's REALLY Killing the American Dream?! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
From Your Site Articles
- Nancy Pelosi's Husband Gets Sauced, Is Arrested Over the Weekend for DUI After Crashing His Car ›
- 'Complete and Total Disaster': YouTuber claims Ford's electric truck can't do basic truck things ›
- Smug electric vehicle owners join forces, demand neighbors ration energy so they can charge their cars ›
- JP Sears Mocks Tesla Owners Who "Pretend to Save the Environment While Looking Rich" ›
- Study Shows Electric Cars Produce More Carbon than Diesel Cars ›
- Author finds driving electric vehicle across state 'very difficult,' it took him 15 HOURS to go 178 miles ›
- Coal miners push electric vehicle that broke down outside of a coal plant in world's most ironic viral post ›
- Journalist attempts road trip in electric car, reports it was a nightmare: 'Fumes never smelled so sweet' ›
- Californians told not to charge their electric vehicles days after state announced a ban on gas-powered cars ›
- Tesla sends government message to owners about conserving electricity and not charging their Teslas ›