Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
October 19, 2022
Author finds driving electric vehicle across state 'very difficult,' it took him 15 HOURS to go 178 miles
Electric vehicles are an excellent source to signal your virtue, provided you don't drive very much. If you have to take a road trip anywhere or expect your EV to do basic car or truck things, you're sh*t out of luck. But hey! At least you own a new luxury car and can think you're better than your neighbors! Amirite?
Our latest example comes from a Colorado author who attempted to drive his EV back home to Wyoming. Alan O’Hashi says in order to make the 178-mile trip, it took him FIFTEEN HOURS.
Do the math where you live. Driving a more reliable gas-powered vehicle, I can make a 178-mile trip in three and a half hours. Driving from Colorado to Wyoming, factoring in the speed limit, it should take only two and a half hours. The second time O'Hashi made the trip, he was able to bring it down to eleven hours. So, that's progress I guess.
The problem is when you drive an EV, you have additional concerns you don't have driving a gas-powered vehicle: finding charging stations, if you have to drive uphill, if it's too windy, etc. If your EV breaks down, you can't depend on it breaking down outside of a coal mine where coal miners can push your EV to safety for you.
This part's my favorite:
While waiting to charge, he noted that he often spends extra money shopping or eating, in addition to the charging cost.
Now the Biden economic agenda makes sense. First, they stimulate the economy by "changing your behavior" so you buy a luxury car. THEN, as you attempt to charge that luxury car, you are forced to spend more money out of boredom. If you drive a gas-powered car, the most you spend is on munchies, a slushie, and maybe a pair of gas station sunglasses.
In fairness to O'Hashi, I'm sure he is a-ok spending an extra nine hours on a basic road trip. Something something, green. Something something, climate. Something something, we're all in this together.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Sign up for our DAILY EMAIL BLASTS! They can't stop us from delivering our content straight to your inbox. Yet.
From Your Site Articles
- AOC Now Wants to Sell Her Tesla - Louder With Crowder ›
- Gold Star Father slams 'tone deaf' Joe Biden - Louder With Crowder ›
- Study Shows Electric Cars Produce More Carbon than Diesel Cars ... ›
- Ford electric trucks just became more expensive - Louder With ... ›
- Pete Buttigieg Praises High Gas Prices - Louder With Crowder ›
- Florida EV batteries are catching for after Hurricane Ian - Louder ... ›
- Reporter's Road Trip Nightmare Proves the EV Skeptics Right ... ›
- Californians told not to charge their electric vehicles - Louder With ... ›
- Photo of coal miner taking son to basketball game goes viral - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Biden almost falls in public again. - Louder With Crowder ›
- Couple attempts to rob a gas station with a gun - Louder With Crowder ›
- Couple attempts road trip in electric car, stops 12 times - Louder With Crowder ›