'It was Eyeopening:' Matt Damon Shocked to Discover Trump Supporters Aren't Horrible People
Matt Damon has a new movie coming out called Stillwater. No, it's not about the greatest rock n' roll band from the 70s. It's about an oil worker whose daughter was accused of murder. In researching the role, Damon -- who no, did not move to Australia after Trump was elected -- went to Oklahoma to research his character. Find out what made the character tick. In spending time with people who most likely did not vote for Joe Biden, Damon found it "eye-opening" to discover that they weren't terrible people.
“They're in the oil business, of course he voted for Trump," Matt Damon says of his #Stillwater character, citing time spent in Oklahoma as critical to the role. "These guys who took us out to the oil rigs...were wonderful to us, they really helped us. It was eye opening for me." pic.twitter.com/Or6mZrW10Q
— Variety (@Variety) July 9, 2021
They're in the oil business, of course he voted for Trump. You talk to those roughnecks, they're in the oil business. Their livelihood depends on that.
A livelihood that Damon's Hollywood celebrity BFFs want to take away from these people. But please, continue.
These guys don't apologize for who they are, ever. "Do you have a gun?" Yeah, I've got two.
Again, not if Damon's celebrity friends have their way. Okay, no more interruptions. We're getting to the "eye-opening" part.
These guys took us out in the oil rigs. We spent hours in the car driving from place to place. The roads are big. The trucks are big. Being invited into their homes. Into a backyard BBQ. And a guitar comes out and someone starts singing church songs. It was really fascinating. These people were wonderful.
The irony in all this is that the characters in Good Will Hunting, the people Damon allegedly grew up with, would have all voted for Donald Trump as well. Maybe not Will. But definitely Chucky, Morgan, and the other friend who grew up to be a cowboy. That's right, Linus. Even people in the Northeast who voted for Trump are decent people as well. This may surprise anyone who gets all their news from CNN. Or in a celebrities case, from the talking points sent to your PR rep from the Democrat party.
Imagine the change in perspective if more movie roles were written about people outside of the usual Hollywood bubble. Actors would of course go back to repeating whatever the left wants them to. It's the only way to remain actors. But there would at least be your ooccasional fleeting moments of clarity.
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
Masvidal and Crowder: Hollywood, Conservatives, and Mass-Hypnosis | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
- Sir Anthony Hopkins on Politics: "Actors are Pretty Stupid" - Louder ... ›
- WATCH: Fake Trump Supporters Dog Walked Around Hollywood to ... ›
- Why Does Hollywood Hate 'To Save a Life'? - Louder With Crowder ›
- Kevin Spacey Makes Comeback as Cop Investigating a Pedophile ... ›
- Hollywood's Climate Hypocrites Get Called Out By Joaquin Phoenix ... ›
- Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood's Politics at the Golden Globes ... ›
- Dear Feminist Hollywood: Stop Trying to Make Female Action ... ›
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Gaying All the Things, Especially Straight ... ›
- Jon Voight Gives Testimony Against Leftism in Hollywood - Louder ... ›
- Diner Refusing to Serve Biden Supporters Ran Out of Food! - Louder With Crowder ›