Hollywood Celebrities Demand Joe Biden Shutdown Another Pipeline. Kill More Jobs?
Suddenly, South Dakota pushing to block executive orders makes more sense. Joe Biden has already executive-ordered away the Keystone pipeline, killing ten thousand or so jobs. Allegedly. I know some Biden stans believe the newly unemployed will just get more better jobs. So to them, it's a wash. But workers were still employed on one day, then the next day they weren't. A group of Hollywood celebrities feel that since Biden already shut down one pipeline, let's go for two!
Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo, and a bunch of the usual suspects now want Biden to shut down the Dakota pipeline. Yes, the same Leo DiCaprio who takes private jets to pick up environmental awards. I can only assume no one else who signed the letter flies coach.
More than 200 [celebrities and activists] have signed a letter addressed to Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris urging them to shut down the Dakota Access Pipeline after a court ruled that President Donald Trump's administration broke the law when it pushed forward with construction during his tenure in the White House.
Broke the law, according to a D.C. District Court. Meh.
The letter recaps the battle over the Dakota Access Pipeline and details how, over the previous four years, the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe, Yankton Sioux Tribe and Oglala Sioux Tribe have fought to keep it from being completed. "We urge you to remedy this historic injustice and direct the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to immediately shut down the illegal Dakota Access Pipeline...the U.S. Army Corps must ensure a robust environmental review with significant tribal consultation, tribal consent, and a thorough risk analysis."
I see. What about the consent of the people whose jobs you'll be destroying? I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it's a pipeline that spans three states. Ten bucks say it employs a lot more than 200 people. Their lives will be the ones affected. As opposed to most of the celebs and entertainment industry professionals who signed the letter.
This is what Rep. Crenshaw was talking about when he called out the left's faux compassion. Jobs are lost. Energy prices go up. People who are already struggling get to struggle more. But actors get to feel good about themselves because they tacked the word "justice" after "climate."
WHAT A PIECE OF SH*T: Bruce Springsteen | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Matthew McConaughey Tells Hollywood to Suck It Up, Trump is ... ›
- Bill Burr Completely Blasts Hollywood Hypocrites and Groupthink ... ›
- Dear Hollywood: Enough with the Lazy Remakes - Louder With ... ›
- Hollywood's Climate Hypocrites Get Called Out By Joaquin Phoenix ... ›
- Dear Hollywood: Your Reaction to Weinstein Proves You're ... ›
- Comedian Blasts Hollywood's COVID Hypocrisy - Louder With ... ›
- Dear Feminist Hollywood: Stop Trying to Make Female Action ... ›
- Ron Howard Laughably "Explains" Why Hollywood Hates Trump ... ›
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Gaying All the Things, Especially Straight ... ›
- Joe Biden's School Opening Guideline Leaves More Questions - Louder With Crowder ›
- Did Biden Say Minorities Don't Know How to Use the Internet? - Louder With Crowder ›