Did Joe Biden Say Minorities Don't Know How to Use the Internet?
President Joe Biden held a town hall on CNN Tuesday night. If you were expecting a more coherent Biden now that he's over the rigorous campaign (eyeroll emoji), it wasn't a good night for you. Allegedly. "Independent" "fact" checkers and Facebook employees probably thought he sounded presidential. Coherence is in the eye of the beholder. But watching some highlight clips from last night, Ozzy Osbourne and Keith Richards are probably saying to each other, "Dafuq he just say?"
This one clip is making its way around the interwebs. Biden was questioned on alleged "racial disparities" regarding the COVID vaccine.
"Minorities... don't know how to use, know how to get online."@JoeBiden is perpetuating a racist trope that minorities don't know how to use the internet.#BidenTownhallpic.twitter.com/hsVuC02PdC
— Steven Cheung (@CaliforniaPanda) February 17, 2021
I have no flippin' idea what he was trying to say. I mean, I can guess. One of the left's arguments against voter ID is their belief minorities in poorer areas don't drive and therefore they can't get identification. When instead of making things about race, you'd think we can all work together and make sure anyone who wants a non-driver ID to vote can get one. I'm guessing Biden is trying to say something similar. Non-white people in poor areas "don't have access" to an internet, therefore don't have access to a vaccine. To be clear, I don't say this in a Politifact covering for Biden way. I say this in an I enjoy being allowed to post on Facebook way. Which, by the way, we are suing.
Though there are still problems with his answer. Old white people live in rural areas too, and they too have a lack of internet access. And, even those of us with reliable internet have a hard time accessing the government website. You'd think the former Vice Obamacare would know a thing or two about that. I've been trying to get a vaccine appointment for an elderly family member. The website barely works. Getting an appointment is so slow that by the time the screen comes up, the appointment is gone. And the one time I got through, answering pages and pages of questions, I was told the family member needed a doctor's note first ... because they have a pre-existing condition.
Just saying. Lots of people are having a hard time getting a vaccine Biden claims didn't exist before he became president. Maybe focus on that and not trying to divide people more than we already are.
SUPECUT: Fauci's INSANE Flip-Flops! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast?Fix that! It's completely free.
- Celebrities Demand Joe Biden Shutdown Another Pipeline - Louder ... ›
- Joe Biden's Christmas Message: Forget the Vaccine, Our Darkest ... ›
- Joe Biden Calls Joe Biden a Dictator Back in October - Louder With ... ›
- joe biden - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Biden Compares Republicans to Nazis, and CNN's 'Fact ... ›
- Joe Biden on "To Catch a Predator" (Parody) - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Biden Asked a Reporter if He Does Cocaine - Louder With ... ›
- Emails Show Hunter Biden Introduced Businessman to Joe Biden ... ›
- Morning Joe Blasts Joe Biden Over Teachers' Unions - Louder With ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Drops Epic Nickname for Joe Biden: 'Lockdowner ... ›
- Joe Biden's Brother Caught Partying Maskless with Floyd Mayweather - Louder With Crowder ›
- SHOW NOTES: Vaccine Facts. Watch This While You Can ... ›
- My 3-Year-Old Son is a Girl Now - Louder With Crowder ›