Elon Musk makes shocking claim about access government had to Twitter: sliding into our DMs?
Elon Musk sat down for an interview with Tucker Carlson. The full discussion doesn't air until this evening. But if this teaser is any indication, it'll be quite newsy. Hopefully, Elon kissed and made up with Matt Taibbi and it leads to more Twitter Files.
It sounds like the setup is Tucker asking the Head Twit In Charge what surprised him when he first dug deep into his new purchase.
— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) April 16, 2023
"The degree to which various government agencies effectively had full access to everything that was going on at Twitter blew my mind."
And when Tucker asked if that included reading our direct message, Musk responded, "Yes."
Context matters though every possible "context" I can think of is still terrifying. The word "effectively" does a lot of heavy lifting. Elon could mean the basic stuff we have seen in the Twitter Files, where Twitter employees were happy to work with the feds whenever the feds asked them to. That's bad, but it's bad we already know about and had already assumed.
Worse would be that government agencies were given DIRECT ACCESS to Twitter. As in, they were given login credentials and could snoop around whenever they felt like it. All the money in my pockets say Twitter old regime wouldn't allow that if the government was snooping on their progressive comrades.
I hope Elon goes into detail tonight. Or at the very least, release the info on Twitter.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Elon Musk's Feisty Mother Defends Her Baby Boy Against NYT Hit Piece ›
- Elon Musk launches operation to troll Trump into returning to Twitter the only way he knows how... with memes ›
- Elon Musk responds to stepping down as Twitter CEO, and...BAH GAWD, that's MySpace Tom's entrance music ›
- Elon Musk strips New York Times of its blue checkmark, rubs their face in it just because he can ›
- Watch as Elon Musk ends the career and dismantles every smear from this pro-censorship BBC reporter ›
- So, apparently Elon Musk Is building a 'Utopia' in Texas for all his employees ›
- 'Not When They’re Fed Propaganda': Elon Musk Slams Politician Who Claimed Good Parents Trans Their Kids ›
- Watch this 'day in the life' vlog of a Twitter employee and you won't feel bad Elon is firing 75% of them ›
- Watch: Elon Musk condemns world government AT the World Government Summit and it's glorious to witness ›
- PETA lashes out at Elon Musk for saying he enjoys milk. Chocolate milk. ›
- Elon Musk laughs in Tucker Carlson's face about Facebook - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk ENDS NYT "economist," whiny #BlockTheBlue liberals - Louder With Crowder ›
- Breaking: Tucker Carlson is OUT at Fox News - Louder With Crowder ›