Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
June 16, 2023
WaPo capes for Dylan Mulvaney, blame "Cinco de Mayo," Americans no longer liking beer for Bud Light's troubles
I don't know if a memo went out to dismiss the Bud Light boycott, or if corporate journalismers discovered at the same time (and a week later) that Bud Light was no longer the #1 beer in America anymore and has been replaced by Modello. But both CNN and Washington Post created content this week dismissing the boycott as a fringe, right-wing thing.
WaPo blames Bud Light's trouble on other factors, like *checks notes* Americans not liking American beer anymore. And also *checks notes again* El Cinco De Mayo.
\u201cBud Light has been targeted by a recent boycott, but consumers might be moving away from the brand anyway amid stagnation for domestic beer in general. https://t.co/DUhhYGEUMm\u201d— The Washington Post (@The Washington Post) 1686787965
Dude, the Community Notes weren't there when I started this. Well done, Community Notes.
Summarize the Bud Light boycott for me
There were twists and turns and all sorts of shenanigans. But here are the LWC Keys to Bud Light F*cking Up:
- As part of Bud Light's NCAA tournament coverage, and to appeal to people who don't like either for some reason, someone at Bud Light decided to work with titface performer Dylan Mulvaney.
- Melissa Weinerchild, the (now former) VP of Marketing responsible, made it clear on a podcast how much she hated Bud Light's loyal fanbase, lashing out at them as fratty and out of touch.
- Bud Light fans from across the spectrum (NOT just the extreme right, we're not that organized) decided this was one woke pander from a company that hates them too many, and now Bud Light is no longer the #1 beer in America.
What is Washington Post saying?
As you see in the tweet, WaPo blames Americans for not liking American beer anymore. The content creators at WaPo know most Twitter users won't click the link, so they make sure the talking point they want people to run with is in the tweet.
If you read the article, while dismissing the boycotts, they ask if El Cinco De Mayo has anything to do with Modello dethroning Bud Light. You know, because Mondello is a Mexican beer.
While recent events...
They mean the boycotts by normie-Americans getting fed up over having the left's woke politics shoved down their throats.
...may have affected Bud Light sales...
Spoiler: They did affect Bud Light sales.
...broad market trends were favoring Modelo even before the Mulvaney controversy [...] Asked whether Cinco de Mayo, the Mexican holiday, contributed to Modelo’s May success, [Dave Williams, vice president of analytics and insights at Bump Williams] said: “Modelo has been on a steady rise for a long stretch now, and while holiday-timed executions can lead to some lift in sales, they continued to perform after Cinco de Mayo just as well.”
Also, as Community Notes points out, for a beverage that is on decline in America, Bud Light is the only beer declining at such an INSANE rate. Busch, Natural, Miller, and Keystone have not experienced the 29% drop in sales of Bud Light that has coincided with the boycott of the brand. Miller Lite and Coors have seen growth of 20.7% and 22% respectively during that same time.
Of course, all those beers are also owned by giant corporations looking to profit off of a global market. AKA, they hate you and everything you stand for. That's why we at the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website advocate drinking local. Even if local brewers vote for different people than we do, they tend not to be sh*tc*nts about it.
But Bud Light is down an ENORMOUS amount. In the tens of b-b-b-billions. Not unlike how Target is down tens of b-b-b-billions. I wonder if there is a relationship between the two.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Sign up for our DAILY EMAIL BLASTS! They can't stop us from delivering our content straight to your inbox. Yet.
From Your Site Articles
- Chris Rufo Puts Disney on Blast! Drops List of Disney Employees Arrested for Child Molestation, Pornography ›
- Enjoy Barstool President Dave Portnoy Clowning on Some Antifa Moron ›
- Watch: Hero Turns Classic Budweiser SuperBowl Ad Into 'F*** Joe Biden' Commercial ›
- Team DeSantis drops laugh-out-loud Bud Light parody mocking "real men of genius" in women's sports ›
- Watch: New WaPo poll proves that conservatives are WINNING the culture war ›
- AB exec says Bud Light boycott has been a "wake up call" - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jason Aldean's "Try That in A Small Town" goes up the charts - Louder With Crowder ›
- Lizzo dropped from Super Bowl consideration amid allegations. - Louder With Crowder ›
- It's NOW official! Bud Light dethroned as the #1 beer in America - Louder With Crowder ›