Bill Maher's new liberal media peers are lashing out at him being allowed a show on CNN
Hearing rumors that CNN wanted to hire a comedian to liven up the ratings was the funniest CNN thing we've heard since Brian Stelter said he likes girls. Then Bill Maher was given a show on CNN, and it stopped being funny.
Honestly? In Maher's defense, it's a pretty sweet hustle. After his show Real Time, he records an "overtime" show for YouTube. CNN is going to take it and air it on their failing news-content network. Maher does no extra work but gets an extra bag of money. Sweet deal.
The rub is that while Maher is reliably liberal, he's not leftist. Maher has an occasional opinion that goes against accepted leftist thought. And since those occasional anti-leftist thoughts may now be on cable news, hardo leftists are freaking out. Like former MSNBC host Cenk Uygur, who got fired over a decade ago and still can't deal. Please note that while Cenk has a blue checkmark, it's a legacy verified account and Cenk may or may not be notable.
Bill Maher is actually perfect for CNN to be honest. False equivalencies, propping up right-wing culture war talking points, fighting for the status quo and that smug face. Tapper might get jealous because he might be outsmugged.
— Cenk Uygur (@cenkuygur) January 30, 2023
Mehdi Hasan, an MSNBC douche who still has a job there, also has sand in his vagina over Maher getting the CNN gig.
Hmm. Bill Maher is obsessed with this idea that 'cancel culture is out of control.' Yet Maher himself just got a new CNN gig, despite saying outrageous things about Muslims, Arabs, and trans people; making crass jokes about Asians; & using the N-word on TV.
Cancel culture? Ok.
— Mehdi Hasan (@mehdirhasan) January 30, 2023
And Keith Olbermann just hopes someone pays attention to him.
So Bill Maher's leftovers will run on @cnn Friday night. As a veteran guest on that show - not that this is going to top the CNN 92k demo rating average - what about the profanity? pic.twitter.com/P4vDIWVVdt
— Keith Olbermann (@KeithOlbermann) January 30, 2023
How long Bill Maher lasts on CNN, or if he even makes it to February 3rd, is anyone's guess. CNN is so desperate for ratings, the network will no doubt try to keep Maher on the air for the Neislen rating version of outrage clicks. But at the end of the day, Bill Maher still has an occasional opinion that is contrary to the far left and they won't let that be allowed on network TV for long.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
I'm Saying Bill Maher is a Gold Digger | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- WATCH: Jim Breuer Does Hysterical Four Minutes Mocking People Still Living in Fear of COVID ›
- TikToker Ends Joy Behar Over Ridiculous 'When Black People Get Guns' Comment ›
- Enjoy the latest in body positivity: Don't shame donuts, but blame white people for your fatness ›
- Midterm Countdown: Loser Dems Are DESPERATE! (Show Notes) ›
- Bill Maher, Bill Burr summarize why Democrats are getting shellacked in two words. One of them is 'woke.' ›
- Watch: Bill Maher defends founders on slavery, yet manages to still find a way to condemn Christianity ›
- Watch: Kid Rock 'welcomes' Bill Maher to the GOP after Maher blasts school indoctrination and drag queens ›
- WATCH: Bill Maher SKEWERS the 'Woke Olympics' of the Democrat Debates ›