Watch: Bill Maher defends founders on slavery, yet manages to still find a way to condemn Christianity
Bill Maher has been coming out with some surprisingly right-of-center takes in the past few years. For starters, he condemned "child-friendly" drag shows, which unfortunately is considered a conservative take in our upside-down world. He also slammed "body positivity," and the "disinformation governance board," and even admitted that America has very liberal abortion laws compared to European countries.
\u201cThis week Bill Maher learned European countries have far more restrictive abortion laws than we do in America and that women report being pro-life more often than men. How many people have no clue about this or about fetal pain science? If they did, some might change.\u201d— Robby Starbuck (@Robby Starbuck) 1652036247
Maher will soon be in hot water with the left again. On an upcoming episode of his "Club Random" podcast, Maher shared some opinions on slavery with actor Bryan Cranston that the lefties won't be happy to hear.
Maher said, "I’ve talked about it on my show, I mean, slavery, for the people who are wanting to cancel Thomas Jefferson and George Washington because they had slaves, and everybody else, in an era when everyone had slaves who could afford it, including people of color in other parts of the world.”
He went on to explain, "It was a human thing, it’s not just a white thing. Okay, so if you’re going to cancel Jefferson and Washington, you have to cancel Jesus, because he never spoke against it, it’s not in the Old Testament, there’s a million rules about slavery, none of them are ‘don’t do it.'”
\u201cWell this is a surprising turn of events https://t.co/A9dD2BxPs9\u201d— Daily Caller (@Daily Caller) 1674998400
There are a few issues with his Biblical argument. Biblical slavery commonly refers to indentured servitude that the poor or indebted would temporarily utilize, rather than modern chattel slavery. Even slaves that sold themselves into chattel slavery often did so out of necessity, as opposed to the modern-era practice of kidnapping and forced selling of human beings. The Bible expressly condemns the kidnapping and selling of slaves in Exodus 21:16 as punishable by death. And regulation of the practice does not equal endorsement.
But, then again, it's no surprise that Bill Maher hates religion. Biblical errors aside, he's making some fair points on the history of slavery. And the woke left is not going to like it one bit.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
Totally REAL Opioids Commercial! Sponsored by Big Pharma! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Enjoy the latest in body positivity: Don't shame donuts, but blame white people for your fatness ›
- WTF! BIDEN IS MAKING YOU PAY FOR WORTHLESS COLLEGE DEGREES! (Show Notes) ›
- TikToker Ends Joy Behar Over Ridiculous 'When Black People Get Guns' Comment ›
- NEW George Floyd Riots: What the Media ISN’T Telling You! (SHOW NOTES) ›
- Midterm Countdown: Loser Dems Are DESPERATE! (Show Notes) ›
- Bill Maher, Bill Burr summarize why Democrats are getting shellacked in two words. One of them is 'woke.' ›
- Bill Maher Destroys Lin-Manuel Miranda's Pathetic Groveling Over 'The Heights' Criticism ›
- Watch: Kid Rock 'welcomes' Bill Maher to the GOP after Maher blasts school indoctrination and drag queens ›
- A Discussion on Free Speech Between Jordan Peterson and Bill Maher ›
- Bill Maher SLANDERS Me: We EXPOSE Him! (Show Notes) ›
- Bill Maher's new liberal media peers are lashing out - Louder With Crowder ›