Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
January 25, 2023
Comedian shares the alarming number of people arrested in the UK for social media posts. Hint: Tons more than in Russia
I keep getting Konstantin Kisin videos recommended to me by Instagram's algorithm. It's been ever since he became our new anti-woke hero with a ten-minute debate takedown. Kisin is a satirist and podcaster from Russia who currently resides in the UK. This clip from an Australian talk show caught my attention, where Kisin shares how many people were arrested for social media posts in Britain vs. in Russia last year.
He doesn't provide his sources, so we'll label this somewhere between "claims without evidence" and "whoa if true." I'm a blogger and not a journalismer. I like sharing things I find interesting.
Here @KonstantinKisin explains that with a population of 146 million, Russia arrested 400 people last year for social media posts.
Britain's population is 70 million, 3,300. pic.twitter.com/6MKSl8kpmE
— David Atherton (@DaveAtherton20) January 23, 2023
In Russia last year, 400 people were arrested last year for this they said on social media. Obviously, this country is very different. How many people do you think were arrested in Britain for things they said on social media last year? 3300.
If the calculator I used on the internet is correct, that's 725% more people arrested in Britain than in Russia. Over speech. Britain, an alleged place of freedom, vs. Russia, a country not known for allowing their people to have any freedom ever.
The only British example that came to Kisin's mind was from 2018, and a story we covered here on the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website. A girl, in tribute to a friend who died, posted the lyrics to the friend's favorite rap song. Someone complained about her social media post because it contained a few instances of the no-no word. The girl got arrested and convicted of being racist. over song lyrics.
More to Kisin's point, in 2022 we've seen people in the UK get arrested for social media posts that "caused someone anxiety." Another woman was arrested in front of her children over memes she tweeted.
I'd be curious to see where Kisin got his data from. On the surface, it appears in Putin's controlled Russia citizens are freer to speak than British citizens are in what used to be considered the "free world."
It's another "Pay Attention, America" moment. Progressive leaders in our country believe all the same things progressive leaders in the UK do. And they'll attempt to get away with the same things if we ever let them.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
FREE SPEECH DEBATE: Crowder vs. TechCrunch’s Josh Constine | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
From Your Site Articles
- 'Get the f*ck out of the way': Female officer demonstrates the absolute worst policing has to offer ›
- WOW: New Report Reveals Just How Badly Australia’s Gun Ban Failed… ›
- Taylor Lorenz got herself suspended by Twitter. No one knows why and we're all laughing too hard to care ›
- Teacher's aide has job for all of two weeks before getting arrested for sexing up a high school student ›
- Watch: ATF agent arrested by local cops, immediately starts crying ›
- Cancel Culture's Coming After NY Jets Quarterback Zach Wilson for Allegedly Being MAGA ›
- Watch: World's dumbest shoplifter was so busy grabbing clothes he didn't notice the cops outside waiting for him ›
- In the UK, Woman Guilty of Racism for Posting Rap Lyrics ›
- Chris Pratt Finds New Way to Trigger His Haters... By Sharing His Snack ›
- 'Please arrest me': Curvy police officer goes viral, has thirsty fans backing the blue ›
- Police arrest man for 'hateful' social media post - Louder With Crowder ›