WOW: New Report Reveals Just How Badly Australia’s Gun Ban Failed…
Remember Australia's gun
buyback confiscation program? It received more undeserved, empty praise than Lena Dunham's underwear selfies. Said praise is mostly coming from American liberals, mind you (see Obama Praises Australia's Gun Ban. The Actual Results...). The funny thing about that? American leftists don't live in Australia, so they don't see the results of the gun ban (or they do, and don't give two craps about "results). Lucky for us, there's reports that tell us what happened, like this one. Turns out gun control? Not looking so good...
Despite Australia's strict gun control regime, criminals are now better armed than at any time since then-Prime Minister John Howard introduced a nationwide firearm buyback scheme in response to the 1996 Port Arthur massacre. Shootings have become almost a weekly occurrence, with more than 125 people, mostly young men, wounded in the past five years.
Got that? Emphasis added. For the anti-gun leftist ninnies who pretend to care about people dying.
...More people have been seriously maimed in the recent spate of shootings and reprisals. Crimes associated with firearm possession have also more than doubled... The violence reached a fever pitch in March, when there were two shootings a day for a week.
The investigation has found:
- There have been at least 99 shootings in the past 20 months - more than one incident a week since January 2015
- Known criminals were caught with firearms 755 times last year, compared to 143 times in 2011
- Assault rifles and handguns smuggled into Australia via shipments of electronics and metal parts
Behold, a chart:
Yikes. Seems rather a dramatic spike, yes?
So here's the thing about gun control: it's supposed to make gun crime go down, right? You know, as in not up. Looking at these numbers, I'd say that the whole "no guns" thing backfired... The worst part? Australian politicians tout gun control as an achievement... Meanwhile there's more guns in the hands of criminals than ever, and law abiding Australians can't even legally defend themselves.
We've known that Australia's gun control is a big bucket of suck for a while now (see Australia's Gun Ban Results in More Guns Than Ever... New Findings.). But this adds confirmation gun control doesn't make people safer. In most instances, it makes people less safe. Hence the major increase in gun-related crimes. This research details the extent of Australian gun policy's crappage. These are numbers you can use to melt the faces off your liberal friends when they try to tell you we need gun control in the US (see GUN WIN: Missouri Eliminates Unconstitutional Concealed Carry Requirements.). Because no thanks, we'll keep our Second Amendment. Have fun with those 755 armed criminals, Australia.
Speaking of gun control...
- Three Thugs Try Robbing 69-Year-Old Man, Discover the Hard Way He's a Concealed Carry Holder - Louder With Crowder ›
- Iowa House Passes Gun Rights Legislation That Gun Owners are Going to Love - Louder With Crowder ›
- Flashback: Was Joe Biden Lying When He Lashed Out at This Union Worker That He's NOT Taking Our Guns? - Louder With Crowder ›
- SHOW NOTES: 7 Shootings in 7 Days DEBUNKED ›
- White House Confirms: Joe Biden Planning Executive Orders to Push Gun Control - Louder With Crowder ›
- Awesome Old Man Prevents Home Invasion with Only His Dog and His Gun - Louder With Crowder ›
- Iowa Governor Signs Pro-Gun Bill Into Law, Allows Permitless Purchase and Carry of Handguns - Louder With Crowder ›
- Arizona Signs Law Telling Joe Biden Where to Stick His Gun Control Agenda - Louder With Crowder ›
- SHOW NOTES: GUN CONTROL IS HERE! Biden’s Agenda Gets RADICAL ›
- Flashback: Did Joe Biden Promise to Come After Our Guns? 'Bingo.' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Commonsense Gun Control Is Nonsense: Change My Mind ›
- Anthony Fauci Found Something New to Lecture Americans About: 'Gun Violence' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Attempted Rapist Gets Dropped by a Marine with a Gun ›
- Sen. John Kennedy Drops Effective and Hilarious Pro-Gun Ad - Louder With Crowder ›