New Twitter CEO Thinks Free Speech is Dated, Claims Misinformation's Not About What's 'True' and 'False'
Parag Agrawal, Twitter's now-former CTO, has been named CEO. Jack Dorsey has stepped down. While we here at the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website thank Dorsey for the laughs, let's take a look at Parag. Judging by his past tweet, he's a radical lefty. That's not surprising. Silicon Valley leftists are notorious for thinking dumb things. It would be more surprising if he didn't. What's more concerning are his views on free speech. He's not a fan.
First, here's Parag Agrawal.
JUST IN - CTO Parag Agrawal will replace Jack Dorsey as Twitter CEO. pic.twitter.com/rjhHvsYqdI
— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) November 29, 2021
In 2020, Agrawal--who is now CEO of the company that decided what speech is allowed to be freely discussed--said in an interview he doesn't much care for free speech.
"Our role is not to be bound by the First Amendment, but our role is to serve a healthy public conversation and our moves are reflective of things that we believe lead to a healthier public conversation. The kinds of things that we do about this is, focus less on thinking about free speech, but thinking about how the times have changed."
In a separate 2020 interview, Agrawal--who is now CEO of the company that decides what is or isn't misinformation--said misinformation is not so much about what is or is not fact but what it does to people's feelings.
"We focused way less on what’s true and what’s false. We focus way more on potential for harm as a result of certain content being amplified on the platform without appropriate context."
Presumably, the people who decide that context are... the people who work at Twitter. I'm guessing the same people who believe the misinformation that led to Kyle Rittenhouse looking at five charges of first-degree murder.
Twitter is the least popular, least used social media platform. The problem is it's the most popular with politicians and the media. It should be paramount that these two groups are held accountable for the words that come out of their mouths. In the older days, it was the job of the media to do that to the politicians. Instead, the media uses Twitter to spread its own misinformation, unchecked by Twitter, that the politicians use as sources. So, we're all on our own now. Social media is, or at least was, supposed to level the playing field.
Hearing these past comments from the new guy in charge of Twitter, a platform that already shows a one-sided bias and has for years, doesn't instill confidence that things will get better. If anything, they'll get much worse.
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey is OUT! Don't Get Too Excited, Though... | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
- No, Border Patrol Didn't 'Whip' Migrants at the Border - Louder With ... ›
- Arkansas Releases Ad Promoting Vaccine to Black People - Louder ... ›
- Facebook's Policy Communication Director Admits to Reducing ... ›
- UN Wants Elon Musk to Singlehandedly Fix Global Hunger - Louder ... ›
- Ted Cruz's Hunting Photo Angers John Cleese - Louder With Crowder ›
- Twitter Suspends Steven Crowder Without Explanation - Louder ... ›
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Stops Pretending, Says "We Can't Afford to ... ›
- Twitter Allows Discussion of White Genocide on Spaces - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Celebrates Jack Dorsey Resigning with Stalin Tweet - Louder With Crowder ›
- Psychology Major: Trashing the First Amendment Would Be Fine - Louder With Crowder ›