Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Stops Pretending, Says "We Can't Afford to Be Neutral Anymore"
If the douche and the turd who ran for president in South Park had a baby, it would look like Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey. @Jack has been trying to convince people his platform doesn't have a political agenda. Even though the evidence says otherwise. Dorsey recently appeared on the Sam Harris podcast, where when questioned about free speech, @Jack(off) said he was over it.
Harris questioned Dorsey about Twitter’s decision to ban feminist Megan Murphy for tweeting “Men are not women,” while ignoring Rev. Louis Farrakhan’s anti-Semitic tweets.
Dorsey responded immediately to Harris’ questions, saying “I don’t believe that we can afford to take a neutral stance anymore. I don’t believe that we should optimize for neutrality.”
"F*** you, you tranny freak" = abusive.
"Men are not women" = science.
"Jews are termites" = respectful political dialogue, according to Twitter's community standards.
Dorsey stated that Twitter could be impartial by having a list of rules, explaining the consequences for breaking the rules, and installing an appeals system that actually worked.
But political neutrality was simply off the table. “Ultimately, I don’t think we can be this neutral, passive platform anymore,” he said.
I love how he's still pretending that Twitter was ever a neutral, passive platform. Check out UPDATE: Twitter Cracks Down on Users Telling Recently Unemployed Journalists to “Learn to Code” and James Woods Blocked From Twitter Over Joke Tweet.
But we can work with some truth. Jack says they aren't neutral "anymore." That makes Twitter a publisher and no longer just a platform. Which opens the company up to a buttload of new laws that need to be followed.
Someone get our half-Asian lawyer. We have questions.
NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT’S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.
- FLASHBACK: Colin Kaepernick Celebrates Political Violence, Gets $3MILLION from Jack Dorsey - Louder With Crowder ›
- Video Alleges Jack Dorsey Calling for More Censorship on Twitter - Louder With Crowder ›
- Report: Twitter Executive Announces More 'Global Response' to Censorship - Louder With Crowder ›
- Twitter Suspends Steven Crowder Without Explanation, Increases Suspension Overnight Also Without Explanation ›
- SHOW NOTES: Crowder Did WHAT?!? War with Twitter Takes a Turn... - Louder With Crowder ›
- Twitter Permanently Bans James O'Keefe After He Exposes CNN - Louder With Crowder ›