SHOW NOTES: Why NAC Is the COVID Drug the FDA Doesn't Want You To Know!
Late-night "comics" Trevor Noah, Jimmy Fallon, and Seth Meyers took a stand against climate change last night, Elliot Page rejoined the dating scene, and what the heck is NAC?
FDA ON NAC
- Gerald told us in May that the FDA had just pulled NAC from over-the-counter status, and he gave a theory as to why it was pulled. HINT: It's about COVID. SOURCE: Rumble
- NAC is a reliably safe and powerful antioxidant that's been used in medicine since 1968 and was once prescribed for chronic bronchopulmonary disorders like pneumonia and bronchitis. And it's been used in hospitals for decades as an ACTUAL "DETOX" tool for acetaminophen overdoses. SOURCES: PubMed
- NAC is a compound derived from the amino acid L-cysteine, which you must ingest from sulphur-containing foods to create glutathione, your body's most important antioxidant.
- Glutathione is manufactured mostly in the liver, which is why it's been used MEDICALLY to prevent liver and kidney damage from overdose. SOURCE: Science Direct
- Glutathione concentration is also very high in the lungs, where its presence in epithelial lining fluid plays a KEY role in controlling chronic inflammation and damage that results from oxidant/antioxidant imbalance in the lungs. SOURCE: European Respiratory Journal
- NAC has been effectively used in lung and bronchial conditions like cystic fibrosis and COPD, as well as inhalation injuries to decrease oxidative stress and control symptom severity. SOURCES: National Academy Of Sciences, Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci
- NAC has often been used preventively or as a treatment for hangovers recreationally, or very often it is the first supplement in a protocol for people who are on prescriptions that can be taxing on the liver. SOURCES: Experimental Biology & Medicine
- Because glutathione is an important antioxidant that your body uses for many functions, it has also been studied and proven to help with a multitude of bodily functions including brain and immune health. SOURCE: Biol Chem
- It was FDA-approved as a drug in 1963 and is one of the most popular supplements in the country. SOURCE: FDA
- And because it is a derivative of an amino acid that your body uses to create its OWN master antioxidant, it has a very wide therapeutic window with a very low likelihood of toxicity. SOURCE: Journal Risk Management
- But this last year, the FDA sent a letter to a company manufacturing NAC as a supplement for hangovers and said NAC does not legally meet the definition of supplement. SOURCE: FDA
- NAC was found to reduce the expression of tumor necrosis factor and proinflammatory cytokines, which contribute to the eventual "cytokine storm" seen in severe COVID-19. SOURCES: Biochemical Pharmacology, Medicine, Frontiers In Immunology
- NAC also specifically scavenges the peroxides released by white blood cells, which cause edema and further lung injury. SOURCE: Free Radic Biol Med
- A portion of COVID patients require a ventilator, which by itself can result in ventilator-associated pneumonia. NAC was found to be useful as a prophylaxis against this form of pneumonia and reduced the incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia by about 20%, down from 46.6% to 26.6%. SOURCE: Medical Gas Research
- NAC appears to inhibit the chemical RNA that viruses like COVID need to replicate in host cells. SOURCE: PLOS.
- There's evidence suggesting that NAC also directly inhibits COVID by binding with a COVID enzyme and interfering with virus replication.
- NAC could potentially serve as an alternative to hydroxychloroquine, which can cause cardiomyopathy and seizure. SOURCE: ChemRxiv
- Right at the time the FDA has decided to ban NAC and threaten anyone who carries it … that it is entering into phase 2 of a large-scale clinical trial. SOURCE: Clinical Trials
- Late-Nights Hosts Come Together To Tackle Climate Change
- Sen. Bernie Sanders Takes on Fossil Fuel Lobby in Fight Over Climate Change: A Closer Look
- Bill Gates shares a very good reason for why you haven't seen him in a rocket ship.
- Greta Thunberg - Why We Need Government Action to Save The Plane
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!