93-year-old Shoots, Injures an Attempted Robber: 'They Came to a Gunfight With a Pocketknife'
"Good guy with a gun" stories are the best. They demonstrate two things of which we at Louder with Crowder are fans. First and foremost, a solid exercising of one's second amendment right to defend oneself. And second, bad guys getting their well-earned comeuppance. So, when I read that 93-year-old Joe Teague blasted one of the guys attempting to rob him at home, I can't help but smile and give a pair of thumbs up.
On June 30, at around 12:30 pm, reports Daily Mail, a group of attempted robbers broke into Teague's home. Ol' Joe is a retired plumber who has taken up being a musician as a hobby, so he owns a treasure trove of tools and several instruments worth a pretty penny. He's also a crack shot with one helluva poker face, so when he pulled a shotgun loaded with a single shell and told the bad guys he had three ready to put holes in them, he was bluffing a little bit.
One shot was all it took, though. When one came at him with a fishing pole he let 'er rip, critically wounding the dipweed and scaring the others off.
After the police showed up, the injured robber was taken to the hospital where, as of writing this, he is still reported in critical condition. I'll lose no sleep.
Teague was questioned and let go. While the police say the shooting looks to have been justified (ya think?!), it's still under investigation. Oh, did I mention this all went down in Moreno Valley, California? So, who knows? They might charge to old man with all sorts of things over there. It is California...
However, so long as Mr. Teague remains a free man, this sounds like a good story. Hopefully, he's gone out to buy some more ammunition for next time. I'd suggest loading a few more shells into that shotgun, just in case.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Reporter Caught in DRIVE-BY SHOOTING at George Floyd Memorial | Louder With Crowderwww.youtube.com
- Gun Owning 69-Year-Old Woman Shoots Home Intruder Dead ... ›
- Homeowner Shoots Intruder and Gives Lesson in Self Defense ... ›
- Guest Whips Out Handgun And Saves The Day - Louder With Crowder ›
- Children's Book Uses 3 Little Pigs to Explain Gun Control - Louder ... ›
- Joe Biden Makes Gun Control Comments Memorial Day Weekend ... ›
- What You Should Know About the SCOTUS 2nd Amendment ... ›
- America Has a Second Amendment to Ensure it Never Becomes ... ›
- The Second Amendment: Is It For Muskets Only?! - Louder With ... ›
- The Young Turks Rebuttal: The Second Amendment - Louder With ... ›
- Three Little Burglars Run Away When Homeowner Has a Gun - Louder With Crowder ›
- Activist Complains After Good Guy With a Gun Stops Shooting - Louder With Crowder ›
- Father shoots daughter's ex as he tries to break into house - Louder With Crowder ›
- Professional driver drags elderly woman out of his backseat - Louder With Crowder ›
- Credit card companies will flag and track gun purchases - Louder With Crowder ›