SNL alum pinpoints moment he knew show was over and it was one of the most cringetastic sketches they've done
Everyone has an opinion about when SNL stopped being funny. For me, outside of periodic times I've used newer sketches to bait clicks, it was after the Adam Sandler-era. Once Jimmy Fallon started doing scenes with Horatio Sanz, I had enough. For SNL alum Rob Schneider, it was later on. He points to one sketch where he knew that the show was "over."
It was the Saturday after election day and the most cringetastic comedy sketch they've ever done. "Hillary Clinton" playing Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah." That was it. That was the whole sketch.
(I know it's a Leonard Cohen song, but Buckley's cover is better)
Comedy legend @RobSchneider tells me the moment he knew Saturday Night Live was "OVER": "I literally prayed, PLEASE have a joke at the end..." pic.twitter.com/Eyqh3GFnUG
— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) August 29, 2022
"I literally prayed, ‘please have a joke at the end.' Don’t do this. Please don’t go down there. And there was no joke at the end, and I went, ‘It’s over. It’s over. It’s not gonna come back.'"
To refresh your memory:
Election Week Cold Open - SNLyoutu.be
There is any number of reasons why Hillary lost in 2016 other than Russia taking out $420.69 worth of digital ads. Top of the list was Hillary being viewed as an unlikeable and inauthentic person. A big reason for that was Kate McKinnon's impersonation of Hillary being unlikeable and inauthentic broke through to the mainstream. I've long maintained this sketch was Kate's guilt-ridden apology for ruining a legion of pantsuit wearers' hopes and dreams.
But boy, did this suck! And as Rob said, there was no joke. It was just emoting because the leftist writers couldn't deal.
After that, the show turned into a political show where the only sketches that grabbed attention were Alec Baldwin doing Trump. And they got attention not because they were funny but because, like Baldwin, corporate media hated Trump.
Think about it. Name me one sketch, non-political, they've done in recent history that you remember as laugh-out-loud funny. Because I can name ten from the late 80s/early 90s alone.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
I'm the ENEMY of the Mainstream Media! Here's Why... | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Thief freed without bail goes on to attempt rape of teen - Louder With ... ›
- Song Parody Mocks Gavin Newsom's Alleged Lockdown Hypocrisy ... ›
- Fact-checkers inform internet Joe Biden to ice cream truck - Louder ... ›
- Adam Sandler, David Spade Share Support for Chris Rock - Louder ... ›
- Rob Schneider uses resurfaced Elizabeth Warren clip dumping on a ... ›
- Gavin Newsom's in-laws like Ron DeSantis more than him - Louder With Crowder ›
- Rob Schneider exposes what Dem caused him to leave the party - Louder With Crowder ›
- Woman arrested for praying outside of abortion clinic - Louder With Crowder ›
- Woman arrested for praying outside abortion clinic - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jimmy Fallon debuts cringe rap about SCHMOVID variants - Louder With Crowder ›