John Cleese forced to cut popular "men having babies" seen from "Life of Brian" stage show and you can guess why
Former Monty Python members John Cleese and Eric Idle are working on a stage production of "The Life of Brian." Though I don't think anyone is a "former" Python member. Kinda like once a Marine, always a Marine. The story is based on the 1979 film satirizing the life of Jesus Christ. You can still do that in 2023. But the one thing you can't do in 2023 has been cut out of the play.
You can't mock men claiming they can have babies like they do here:
The following scene has apparently been sacked from the stage production of Monty Python’s “The Life of Brian” pic.twitter.com/wPolPqdQXj
— Louder with Crowder Dot Com (@LWCnewswire) May 23, 2023
STAN: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.
LORETTA: It's my right as a man.
JUDITH: Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
LORETTA: I want to have babies.
REG: You want to have babies?!
LORETTA: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
REG: But... you can't have babies.
LORETTA: Don't you oppress me.
REG: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! -- Where's the fetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!
In 1979, this was silliness. In 2023, it's a conversation between a woke activist and a normie on Twitter. Right after the woke activist celebrates the normie's daughter having her hopes and dreams crushed by a trans athlete.
John Cleese addressed the upcoming production while on tour and broke the news that the preceding scene has just been sacked. He had a read-through with New York actors. The words "New York" and "actors" give everything away.
At the end, I said to the American actors: 'What do you think?' And they said: 'We love the script, but you can't do that stuff about Loretta nowadays.
No one ever asks why. It's like when the say you can't make The Office today, even though it's still the most popular streamed show. WHY can't you do that stuff? Show your work.
So here you have something there's never been a complaint about in 40 years, that I've heard of, and now all of a sudden we can't do it because it'll offend people. What is one supposed to make of that? But I think there were a lot of things that were actually, in some strange way, predictive of what was actually going to happen later.
It is a shame that a small minority of Cleese-phobic activists have such veto power over what art does and doesn't get made or isn't allowed to be seen. Maybe one day, these people who do the sacking can be sacked themselves.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Video Catches Naked Woman Attacking Newscaster with a Brick on Live Broadcast ›
- Watch: New WaPo poll proves that conservatives are WINNING the culture war ›
- Brian Stelter Was Hired By Vanity Fair To Cover One Of The Most Boring Stories In The Country ›
- CNN's Jim Acosta Gets COVID Shot Wearing Shirt Celebrating Himself Because He's That Big a Douche ›
- CNN co-host storms off after Don Lemon's "women past their prime" claim, and even Brian Stelter is chirping about it ›
- Best Day Ever: Brian Stelter has been canceled by CNN ›
- Official Trailer: Beware of CANDYASS! Starring ... Brian Stelter? ›
- Busted: Was Brian Stelter Caught Recording a TV Hit in His Underpants? ›
- Brian Stelter's Very Upset, Claps Back at Critic Calling Him a 'Genderless Potato' ›
- Monty Python Predicts Modern Wokeness Decades Ago With Sketch About Men Having Babies ›
- John Cleese says transphobic scene stays in "Life of Brian" - Louder With Crowder ›