South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem Makes it Clear: Schools. Are. Reopening!
There's definitely a "A Star is Born" vibe to South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem. She didn't fall for the 'rona panic porn like other governors, pushed back hard when leftists decided Mt. Rushmore was, like, totally super racist and stuff, and even played to the big room when she opened for Donald Trump (see SD GOV. KRISTI NOEM RELEASES BRILLIANT PRO-FREEDOM AD. DEMOCRATS BE WARNED, GOP TAKE NOTES... and THE MEDIA SAYS TRUMP'S MT. RUSHMORE SPEECH WAS RACIST. HERE'S WHAT THEY THINK IS RACIST...). Plus let's be honest: she's a total smokeshow. Just saying, if the first female president is both conservative AND a robobabe, America would truly be great again.
But that's 2024. Or, the day after election day 2020 when the 2024 election officially starts. There are still a few more pressing matters, like if our kids are going to be allowed to effectively learn and develop in the fall. Gov. Noem says yes.
Our state's future depends on educating our kids. Online learning got us through the initial phase of COVID-19, but it's absolutely NOT a long-term solution. We need our kids back in the classroom.
Let's not play the game of if my study on why we should open is more better than your study on why we shouldn't reopen. But let's take a look at the politicians who are opposed to opening the country, most of whom have fallen to the panic porn Gov. Noem has avoided. Teachers' unions claim it's not safe for anyone to go back to school because kids are giant germ factories. Teachers shouldn't have to "risk their lives" in the name of the economy and other bullsh*t like that, is what they say.
So the solution for more than a few places (in Austin and California, for example) is to send kids to *checks notes* libraries, YMCA's, and other centralized indoor locations where they'll be supervised by adults and be allowed to do their *squints at notes* remote learning. How is that not a school?
It's unsafe for schools to be open, but apparently totally safe for kids to be in buildings learning while adults are in that same room supervising them. In some cases, THE ACTUAL FREAKIN' SCHOOL BUILDING. The key difference being the teachers' unions giving Democrat politicians lots and lots of money to do what they're told to do. Which if this is the way want to play it, fine. Teachers stop collecting a paycheck while schools are closed, parents get their school taxes refunded to cover this new normal way of learning, and teachers are mandated to install a contact tracing app on their phones. If schools are unsafe, we want to make sure they aren't doing things like going to bars or political rallies. Fair?
That's option A. Option B is for people to grow a set, put children first, and reopen the schools. Do they need to be altered somewhat? If that's the plan, fine. But they need to be reopen. Gov. Noem is going with option B. Though if she needs to go with option A, she seems to have a big enough set to do so.
I'm not ready to think about 2024 yet. But...
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- SD Gov. Kristi Noem Releases Brilliant Pro-Freedom Ad - Louder ... ›
- Gov. Kristi Noem Poses with Gun on Twitter - Louder With Crowder ›
- Gov. Kristi Noem Answers Critics on Mask Mandate - Louder With Crowder ›
- Kristi Noem Blasts Leftists' 'Unprecedented Attacks on our Freedoms,' Counters with Message of Hope - Louder With Crowder ›
- Kristi Noem: Here's What I Learned from the Media's Fearmongering - Louder With Crowder ›
- Kristi Noem Shoots Straight on what the Media's Fearmongering Has Taught Her - Louder With Crowder ›
- Kristi Noem Tells Voters: Demand Actual Results from the GOP - Louder With Crowder ›
- Kristi Noem Calls Out Local Media - Louder With Crowder ›
- South Dakota Moves to Block White House Executive Orders - Louder With Crowder ›
- Kristi Noem Unloads Over Lockdowns: 'COVID Didn't Crush the Economy, Government Did!' - Louder With Crowder ›