Jordan Peterson on How to Win an Argument, Fight Strawmen [VIDEO]
Social media, especially Twitter, has killed our ability to argue and debate with each other. Actually, it depends on how who define "argue." I should say intelligently argue. There is a lot of stupid out there (see David Hogg Criticized For Overdramatic Election Tweet and Video: Michelle Wolf Compares ICE to ISIS Terrorists). Jordan Peterson just dropped video with Big Think on how to effectively and intelligently argue. Possibly even win an argument.
As opposed to just scoring points.
Do you really want to win an argument, or do you want to find mutual ground and understanding? Canadian psychologist and author Jordan Peterson feels that in most cases it's the latter. It might take some getting used to, he posits, as acquiescence by its very nature means admitting that you're wrong in some way.
Advice for everyone. Especially as we appear to be starting a "let's dig up really old out of context tweets" phase. Remember, if you did nothing wrong, if you said nothing wrong, if everyone is after you for all the wrong reasons, NEVER APOLOGIZE. It only fuels the fire of mob drones with nothing better to do than dig up sh*t and forgo living a meaningful life.
NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT’S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.
- Dr. Jordan Peterson Returns, Delivers Health Update - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jordan Peterson Slams Kamala Harris' Claim America Is United - Louder With Crowder ›
- WATCH: Jordan Peterson Just Nuked Feminism in Under 30 Minutes - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dr. Jordan Peterson and the LATEST on the COVID Pandemic - Louder With Crowder ›
- David Hogg Turns on Joe Biden - Louder With Crowder ›