Ron DeSantis Drops Hammer on Disney, Announces Special Session Over Terminating Corp's Special Tax Breaks
In a big move this morning, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the Florida legislature will be considering the termination of Disney’s special district, which has provided the company with tax protections since 1967.
In addition to congressional reapportionment, this week's special session will include termination of legacy special districts and removal of exemptions from the big tech accountability law.pic.twitter.com/67sF4E113I— Ron DeSantis (@Ron DeSantis) 1650374955
“I am announcing today that we are expanding the call of what they [the Florida legislature] is going to be considering this week […] they will also be considering termination of all special districts that were enacted in Florida prior to 1968, and that includes the Reedy Creek Improvement District.”
According to Breitbart, the special district currently controlled by the Walt Disney Corporation includes 25,000 acres, and “[e]liminating this special district would serve as a significant blow to the Disney corporation.”
Disney recently decided to insert itself into politics by publicly criticizing the recently passed “Parental Rights in Education bill” in Florida, which serves to prevent teachers from teaching third-graders inappropriate sex and gender topics. In the aftermath, the company has decided to implode, caving to the wokest of its LGBTQ+ employees.
Disney has been losing subscribers to its streaming service, and parents are rejecting the LGBTQ+ agenda adopted by the company, so it’s probably safe to say they are going to be experiencing a drop in revenue. I don’t think it will help them much to start hemorrhaging more money in the taxes they will have to start paying should the Florida legislature come through and void the special district.
I’m all for it. Frankly, I don’t understand why businesses should be given such protections. I’m all for capitalist enterprises, but I’m also against government choosing what businesses get to benefit from handouts and what ones have to make it on their own. Screw Disney.
I fully expect the entire left to get behind this move to have Disney pay their “fair share.”
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Tom Brady is BACK! Top 5 Reasons He Needs to be Canceled! | Louder With Crowderwww.youtube.com
- Pedo Disney Employees Caught in Florida Sting Operation - Louder ... ›
- Parent Rips Disney for Opposition to Parental Rights Bill - Louder ... ›
- Disney Witch Chases Little Girl Away from Winnie the Pooh - Louder ... ›
- Disney Employees Write Open Letter - Louder With Crowder ›
- Disney CEO Calls Ron DeSantis Over 'Don't Say Gay' Bill, - Louder ... ›
- Disney Employee Details 'Not-At-All-Secret Gay Agenda' - Louder ... ›
- List of Disney Employees Arrested for Child Molestation - Louder ... ›
- Disney Insider Tells Dan Bongino About Angry Phone Calls - Louder ... ›
- Disney Aims to Center LGBTQ+ Characters in Products - Louder ... ›
- Disney Star Puts Hollywood on Blast for Satanic Influence - Louder ... ›
- Florida Senate Revokes Disney's Special Tax Breaks - Louder With Crowder ›
- Florida House Revokes Disney's Special Tax Breaks - Louder With Crowder ›
- Disney Stock Is Worst Performing Stock of 2022 - Louder With Crowder ›
- Disney Employees Speak Out Against Woke Takeover of Company - Louder With Crowder ›
- Disney Exec Quits, Replaced by Former Biden Aide - Louder With Crowder ›