Florida Rejects 41% Of Math Books Containing ‘Critical Race Theory’ And Other Indoctrination Attempts
When Governor Glenn Youngkin won his election in Virginia, he proved that campaigning on the concerns parents have for the education their children are receiving is a winner. Many states are looking to weed wokeness out of their curricula, but none more fervently than Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida.
Not only is DeSantis deadest on tearing woke leftism out of Florida schools, but he’s also setting records while doing it. This year, in reviewing candidates for new mathematics textbooks, his Department of Education rejected a record 41% of publisher submissions, slamming them as “impermissible,” reports Fox News.
"It seems that some publishers attempted to slap a coat of paint on an old house built on the foundation of Common Core, and indoctrinating concepts like race essentialism, especially, bizarrely, for elementary school students,” DeSantis said.
The DOE, which DeSantis thanked for their efforts in reviewing the texts, announced that the highest rejection rate, 71%, was among those for K-5, labeling the content as “not appropriately aligned with Florida standards or include[ing] prohibited topics and unsolicited strategies.”
K-12 education has been a battleground for several culture-war battles these past few years. Critical Race Theory might have been the first of these battles to gain steam. Recently, inappropriate lessons on subjects of sexuality and gender have been making headlines—the left, of course, is defending the curricula.
Why any parent would want public school teachers pushing race essentialism and other CRT tenets on their children isn’t just a mystery to us at Louder With Crowder Dot Com but parents all across the country. And bans on sexualized lessons seem rather popular with parents across the board in the wake of the “Parental Rights in Education bill” passed in Florida, but the left continues its push.
While the efforts of DeSantis and others are admirable, I don’t see it changing much. Regardless of the textbook, the teachers can still teach whatever their demented hearts want to teach. The only real protection a parent can offer their child is homeschooling.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Airport Affirmative Action Program Hires LGBTQ+ Robot! | Louder With Crowderwww.youtube.com
- Condoleezza Rice Wrecks 'The View' Over CRT - Louder With ... ›
- Trudeau ENDS 'Back the Blue!' - Louder With Crowder ›
- 1974 Law Can Combat CRT in Schools, Parents Need Only Act ... ›
- Ibram X. Kendi Shares Article Disproving Systemic Racism - Louder ... ›
- Interracial Couple Has Significant Issue with CRT - Louder With ... ›
- Superintendent Says CRT is Embedded ALL OVER Curriculum ... ›
- POLL: Vast Majorities Oppose Critical Race Theory - Louder With ... ›
- JP Sears on the 'Horrors' of Teaching Critical Race Theory - Louder ... ›
- Founder of Critical Race Theory Admits to the Indoctrination ... ›
- Professor Savages Critical Race Theory Proponents on the Dr. Phil ... ›
- Professor Lashes Out at Chris Rufo - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ron DeSantis announces February 2023 date for new book - Louder With Crowder ›