Pepe Le Pew Canceled from Upcoming 'Space Jam,' Details Make the Decision Even Dumber
Pepe Le Pew is the latest fictional character to be "canceled" in Hollywood. First they came for Dr. Seuss, and I said nothing. Then they came for the Muppets, and I said nothing. Then they came for Gina Carano because she shared a meme about it on Instagram. Mr. Le Pew was supposed to appear in the upcoming Space Jam: A New Legacy starring LeBron James. It's a sequel to the original starring Michael Jordan. I expect the new movie to be as inferior to the first as Lebron is inferior to MJ.
For those unfamiliar with Pepe Le Pew, here's a classic:
Pepe Le Pew is Odor-able youtu.be
Pepe Le Pew is a cartoon skunk who fancies himself a ladies' man. He had a habit of running into black cats who crawled under wet white paint, leaving a white stripe down their backs. Pepe would always confuse these felines for skunks and try to sex them up. Because it would appear that Pepe Le Pew was also an idiot. Not unlike the idiots who want to see him canceled for "promoting" rape culture. Though in Pepe's defense, unlike the permaoffended woke chuckleheads trying to cancel him, he's not a real person. We used to be able to laugh these people off in the olden days. A bygone era where you can laugh at cartoon animals AND still know to respect girls' boundaries. Also, know not to drop an anvil on your enemy's head. But it's 2021, a guy complained in the New York Times, and Le Pew is left on the cutting room floor. Producers claim the decision was not inspired by the New York Times. I'll let you decide whether you believe that.
The funny thing that is probably funnier than anything in the actual movie? This is the scene they allegedly cut:
Pepe, playing a bartender, starts hitting on a woman at the bar. He begins kissing her arm, which she pulls back, then slamming Pepe into the chair next to hers. She then pours her drink on Pepe, and slaps him hard, sending him spinning in a stool, which is then stopped by LeBron James' hand. James makes a remark in the script that Pepe can't grab other Tunes without their consent.
They cut a scene from the movie — a WOKE scene — that dealt with the Pepe Le Pew nontroversy and made him look like a jerk. The horny skunk's entire purpose was an excuse to make LeBron look like a feminist superperson. Now (allegedly) because of one opinion from one newspaper, audience members will no longer be getting this valuable social lesson. Which as an aside, is another reason why Michael Jordan will always be superior. He just cared about the jokes.
But yeah, Pepe Le Pew is persona non grata at the Warner Brothers lot now. I can't help but wonder who the next character to go is, since if you watched any Warner Brothers animation ever, it's ALL problematic by today's standards. Leave a comment in the Facebook post for this post. Tell me who you think is next.
Bath & Body Works FIGHT OVER MASKS! Mask-Fascists Get Violent | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
- Mike Rowe Opposes Student Loan Forgiveness - Louder With ... ›
- Joe Biden's School Opening Guideline Leaves More Questions ... ›
- Refugees Keep Raping Women at Swedish Concerts. Their Solution ... ›
- VIDEO: Steven Crowder recaps the greatest hits of 2020 - TheBlaze ›
- 'The Mandalorian's' Bill Burr Defends Gina Carano, Unloads on ... ›
- Gina Carano Strikes Back, Announcing New Movie Project - Louder ... ›
- Louder with Crowder: CANCELLED?! - Louder With Crowder ›
- We're Apparently 'Canceling' Kevin Hart Again, Only This Time Obama's Involved - Louder With Crowder ›
- SHOW NOTES: Don't Give LeBron a Pass for Inciting Violence! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Retired NFL Star Hammers LeBron James for Police Tweet: 'You Can't Be That Irresponsible ...' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Cop Calls LeBron James for Policing Advice, Shows What an Idiot LeBron Is - Louder With Crowder ›
- New York Times Mocks Americans, Celebrates 'Experts' Responsible for Lockdowns with the 'Fauci Awards' ›
- LA Cop Who Blasted LeBron Explains Why with Message for All Americans: 'People Are Being Gaslit' - Louder With Crowder ›
- That Hysterical Cop Who Mocked LeBron James? Haters Are Getting Him in Trouble - Louder With Crowder ›
- Mike Rowe Gives a Commencement Address for the Class of 2020 - Louder With Crowder ›
- NYT Opinion Crapping All Over America Actually Proves America is Pretty Great - Louder With Crowder ›