Canadian Man Jailed After Referring to Biological Daughter by Wrong Pronoun
This is why we have a First Amendment in this country. It's also why that First Amendment needs to be defended as the left tries to chip away at free speech. In Canada, they don't have freedom of speech. The government can throw you in jail for using the wrong pronouns. As one father has found out, after referring to his biological daughter with the wrong words.
The man — whose identity is reportedly under a publication ban by a British Columbia Court of Appeals to protect his child — was found in contempt of court and arrested Tuesday for calling the teen his daughter and publicly referring to him with the pronouns "she" and "her."
The teenager was born as a female and reportedly identifies as transgender and prefers the use of male pronouns.
A Canadian court ruled that the man's name could not be published in Canadian publications. Let that one simmer for a little bit. The Post Millennial has identified the man as Robert Hoogland. He shares his side of the story in this 2020 YouTube video.
Father: my 14-year-old daughter was destroyed by court-ordered trans hormonesyoutu.be
The man's biological daughter has identified as a boy since the age of 11. At fifteen, he started hormone therapy with the support of his mother and a psychologist. Allowing minors to have this life-altering treatment and surgery has become a contentious issue. Sen. Rand Paul challenged Joe Biden's assistant health secretary on the matter. There's also legislation in Alabama and South Carolina looking to make the surgery illegal for minors. That's in America. In Canada, they ruled that the father just had to let it happen and shut up about it. He didn't shut up about it, so he was thrown in jail.
Do I care what grown adults want to do or how they feel they need to identify to live their best life? Not in the slightest. Do I have an opinion on minors getting life-altering surgery, the parents who let it happen, or the activists who claim parents have no say in the matter? You most likely are reading this after clicking a link on Facebook, so I'll leave it at that. Though I will point out that we're suing Facebook.
The fact that someone can be thrown in jail for saying the wrong thing is frightening. The fact that a government can rule that if someone says the wrong thing they will be thrown in jail is more frightening. No government should have that power. No citizens should allow a government to have that power. The more power you give the government, the more power the government will take. Exhibit Q: We are now on day 368 of "15 Days to Flatten the Curve."
Thankfully, this is just in Canada. North America's red-headed stepchild. Our Bill of Rights prevents the same from happening here. But only for now. If you don't think left-wing activists want the same to be allowable in this country, you need to pay closer attention.
RAND PAUL: Biden's Assistant Health Secretary is LYING To You! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- Video: Violent Antifa Member Knocked Out After Picking Fight ... ›
- Professor Under Fire for Playing 'Spot the Tranny' in Sociology Class ... ›
- Grown Adults Force 4-Year-Old to Participate in Disturbing ... ›
- DEVIL'S ADVOCATE: Dr.Jordan Peterson VS Skyler Turden ... ›
- British Satirist Jonathan Pie Goes OFF on Political Correctness in ... ›
- Viper Room Bartender Sues Transgender Boss for Sexual ... ›
- UK Installs Knife Surrender Bin to Curb Knife Crime. Criminals Stole ... ›
- Another Transgender Woman FREAKS OUT Over "Misgendering ... ›
- Bill Burr on Gender Neutrality: "What Do You Mean 'Force' My Kid ... ›
- HIDDEN CAM: Asking Normal People Their "Preferred Gender ... ›
- Rand Paul Has Five Words for Anthony Fauci Americans Need to Repeat: 'Enough with the Petty Tyrants' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Prince Harry Calls First Amendment 'Bonkers' - Louder With Crowder ›
- A Public Gathering Ban to Stop 'Unauthorized Information' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Cheap Customer Leave Waitress Garbage Tip Over Vaccination - Louder With Crowder ›
- Crowder embraced his inner SJW and learned about pronouns - Louder With Crowder ›
- Rand Paul Puts Temporary Hold on More Ukraine Funding - Louder With Crowder ›
- School Files Title IX Complaint for Using Wrong Pronouns - Louder With Crowder ›