South Carolina Democrat Introduces Bill Banning Minors from Gender-Reassignment Surgery
The debate over whether minors should be allowed life-altering gender reassignment surgery is, for whatever reason, contentious and partisan. The people in opposition tend to be Republican. Sen. Rand Paul had a well-publicized dust-up over the issue with Assistant Health Secretary Rachel Levine. The Republican-led Alabama Senate is putting forth a bill they say is to protect kids. In South Carolina, there is a similar bill being introduced banning minors from this life-altering surgery. Only it's being introduced by a Democrat.
Democrat State Rep. Cezar McKnight has introduced the South Carolina Vulnerable Child Compassion and Protection Act. From the bill:
No person shall engage in, counsel, make a referral for, or cause any of the following practices to be performed upon a minor if the practice is performed for the purpose of attempting to alter the appearance of or affirm the minor's perception of the minor's gender or sex, if that perception is inconsistent with the minor's sex as defined in this chapter.
If signed into law, not only would the bill make it illegal for minors to receive the treatment, but violating the law would be a felony with up to twenty years in prison. Rep. McKnight had this to say to the Associated Press:
Black Democrats tend to be more conservative than white progressives. I would not have ever put this bill forward if I didn't think the people in my district wouldn't be receptive, and they are. Pastors, young parents, older parents, they all tell me the same thing: If you want to do this, wait until you're 18.
Where this legislation and legislation like it go from here will be interesting to watch. Rep. McKnight shows that there is bipartisan support for such legislation. Opposition so far comes entirely from the partisan far left. If more states start to take up this debate and activists on both sides organize for or against it, I can't imagine any resolution without the Supreme Court chiming in. Nationally, the American people will have their first opportunity to have their voice heard with the 2022 midterm elections.
RAND PAUL: Biden's Assistant Health Secretary is LYING To You! | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- There Are Only 2 Genders (First Edition) | Change My Mind - Louder ... ›
- CANADA: New Law REQUIRES Parents Respect Children's 'Gender ... ›
- What Wage Gap? Christina Hoff Sommers Completely Destroys ... ›
- Dear Feminists: The Pay Gap Isn't Real. You Just Suck. - Louder ... ›
- CHANGE MY MIND: There are Only Two Genders (Second Edition ... ›
- PLOT TWIST: Countries with Traditional Gender Roles Have MORE ... ›
- Top 5 Reasons You Can't Change Your Race... or Gender - Louder ... ›
- HIDDEN CAM: Asking Normal People Their "Preferred Gender ... ›
- DEBUNKED: The Dark History of 'Gender Theory' - Louder With ... ›
- Bill Burr on Gender Neutrality: "What Do You Mean 'Force' My Kid ... ›
- Rand Paul Has Five Words for Anthony Fauci Americans Need to Repeat: 'Enough with the Petty Tyrants' - Louder With Crowder ›